19

Lila Hamilton
- next day

"Fuck" Jasper whispers, it was early morning maybe eight am. I was getting ready for work as he was getting ready for an interview with a radio station. Last night he had woken up to go out for dinner, which was lovely and I'm sure I would've enjoyed it more if I hadn't constantly been thinking of Shawn's sad eyes.

"What's up?" I call from the bathroom, peaking out the door as I straighten my hair. "come here" he shouts. I put the straightener down and walk over to him. He looks up at me, his hands grasping mine.

"What happened?" I ask. "I have to go" he says plainly.

"Go where?"

"LA then London. I need to do a bunch of press because I won the match" he says. I let out a sigh making him roll his eyes. "You just got back"

"I know but it's my job Lila" he gets up and now looking down at me like I'm his inferior. "Yeah I get that but can't you have a little break? You just got back-"

"I know that but I have to, I don't see why you can't understand that" he shoots rather harshly, his hands slightly squeezing mine. "I do understand... fine then go" I'm about to let go but he pulls me back.

"Now you want me to go? Like you want to get rid of me?" He scoffs. "What no? I-"

"Is it because Shawn is back? Do you still love him?" He spits. His eyes flickering with flames, my heart was literally thumping out of my chest, I could hear it beat like a thunderous drum.

"No. Where is this coming from? I'm over him-"

"Lila you've been acting off since we came back from the airport. Did you lie? Did he say something to you?" He asks as his hands get tighter around my wrists. "J-Jasper you're hurting me" I whisper looking right into his eyes.

"Answer my question" he starts backing up my body and I had no choice but to move. Then my back hits the wall and I let out a small gasp at the contact of my back against the hard, cold concrete.

"No" I shake my head. Now my eyes were beginning to water, I've never felt so afraid but now with the animalistic boxer right in front of me, breathing harshly onto my skin and gripping my wrists, I was scared and that was an understatement.

"You won't go back to him will you? I know about the divorce" his hands let go of my wrist and he moves it up my arm making me shiver, he pushes my hair back and his fingers trace around my collarbones.

"I-i won't" I whimper letting out a staggered breath of air.

"Good because you know I really like you right? Now I've finally got you"

I felt sick to my stomach.

I nod letting out a weak whimper as his fingers slowly but surely wrap around my neck. I gulp visibly and then I feel his fingers close in.

"Jasper" I whisper. His body pressed against mine. "Let go" i use my hand to tug at his wrist but I was no match for him.

The hot tears ran down my cheeks and down my neck, I feel them go down my chest like lava, my heart was burning. "I don't want you seeing Shawn okay?" He asks me like I was a child.

"Okay" I nod, eager for him to let go. "Good" he leans into me and I felt my heart stop when his lips press against mine. I don't kiss back at first but when his hand gets tighter around my neck I knew I had no choice. So I did, I kissed back against my will and I felt disgusting.

He then pulls back with a smug smile and his hand loosens up but doesn't move. "I'm going to shower now, don't try anything Lila" he grins. I nod keeping my watery eyes on his.

"Use your words" he spits.

"I-i won't" I shake my head. He finally lets go and shoves me back once more before walking away. I immediately drop to the floor, panting for some air. My hand goes to my hot neck, I swear I could still feel him on me. It was getting harder to get air down my lungs, my vision was blurring with tears and the walls were closing in. I get up wearily grabbing my bag and phone and I rush out.

My hands reaching for the walls to hold me up as I walk down the lobby of the apartment complex.

I rush into the elevator looking back once more then the doors shut. Small whimpers leaving my lips, I let my hands run to my hair tugging at my roots. The walls were closing in.

The doors open but I wasn't on the ground floor yet. I try to hold in my cries but it was near impossible.

"Lila?"

My eyes flicker up to Shawn.

"Hey, hey calm down. Here I've got you" the doors shut and his arms go around me to hold me but I flinch. "Don't touch me" I move his hands from me. I wasn't even in the right mind set to ask him why he was here.

"Okay, I won't touch you" he puts his hands up in surrender. I keep my eyes down at the floor.

"What happened?"

I don't respond finding it hard to even form a sentence. "Lila you're literally shivering" he says gently. He moves closer and I step back.

"Don't" I shake my head. The door opens and I quickly rush out, the daylight literally burning my eyes.

"Hey, Lila you've gotta trust me" I feel Shawn's hands touch my hands but all I felt was Jaspers touch. "I said don't- dont-" I daze away and then world flips and I'm on the ground.