12

Lila Hamilton
-Tuesdays lesson

I tried not to mope for the rest of week. I brushed Shawn off but he was still in the back of my mind. The next few days after Thursday I went back to the studio, I did my regular classes, warm ups and learned a new dance and through it all Shawn didn't show up like he would normally. I had drilled it into my head that after Thursday I'll never see him again and I will have to move on from this stupid crush I've developed.

Tuesday was here, I was in the studio doing my stretches with the music blasting out loudly. I had to get in the right mind set, I had to act professional well that's what I knelt telling myself. What if he walks in looking handsomer than ever, my knees go weak and I fall to his knees crying, then what?

He should be coming soon. I lower the music when I hear a car pull up, I quickly look over my outfit I had chosen for today, Carmen forbid me from wearing a pretty dress, she told me I don't need to put effort in anymore which was a little true. So here I was wearing black biker shorts, a cropped band tee that I cut myself and my shoes were off so I'm left in my white socks. I had no makeup on except mascara and my hair was in a simple French braid.

I turn around from the mirror when I hear clicks on the hardwood floor. It was most definitely not Shawn but the most gorgeous woman I've seen.

She wore a nude pink short skirt with a matching blazer along with a white blouse and white stilettos. Her ginger hair was straight and placed so it looked like not even the wind could move it. Her complexion was pale but it worked so well against the bright red lipstick she wore and held in front of her was some designer purse in pink. She was gorgeous and that completely shut down any confidence I had today.

"Hi, this is the dance studio right?" She speaks up, she had the most perfect pitched voice, feminine and sweet. "Hi, yeah it is can I help?" I ask her. I quickly glance at my watch, Shawn's five minutes late.

"Oh please, do you know a girl called Lila?" She asks. "That's me" I chuckle putting my hands on my waist.

"Oh you're very... pretty" she sounded so unsure and that went well with my self confidence. "So you teach Shawn?" She swiftly moves on. "I'm not supposed to say, confidentiality" I chuckle lightly to flatten out the tense mood.

"Confidentiality?" She scoffs. "You're Lila right and you're teaching Shawn to slow dance?" She asks again, this time her dark eyes looking over my appearance.

"Yes, Yes I do. Now can I help?" I ask her.

She goes to open her mouth but the door swings open revealing Shawn. He walks in not even looking at me but at the stranger instead.

"Shawn!" She leans up kissing his cheek.

"You guys know each other?" I ask bravely. "Know each other?" She scoffs playfully. "He's my fiancé" she says happily putting her hand up that displayed the prettiest ring I've ever seen let alone the biggest.

Fiancé. He's getting married.

I gulp leaning back on the wall, my knees had gone weak, my heart was completely broken. I wasn't even sure if I was breathing and worst of all Shawn still hadn't even looked in my direction.

"We've been engaged so long, two years now, it's about time we got married, right baby?" She grins looking up at Shawn. He simply nods putting his arm around her waist.

"I thought I'd come down and see how the dancing is going for the slow dance, he never talks about it, just tells me that he's got the hang of it" she says looking up at him lovingly. I felt sick to my stomach. I had these awful feelings for a soon to be married man.

"When's the erm wedding?" I ask looking at her, I didn't even know her name yet. "Next week, I'm so excited. Shawn is literally the best. The exact same person I met four years ago" she says keeping her eyes on him.

Shawn looks down at her giving her a small smile. I can't imagine how awkward this must be for him but at least he's not going through physical heart break like me. I literally want my eyes to melt away, I'm having to watch the man I love with some other woman.

Wait. Love? I love Shawn. How can I? It turns out I know nothing about him, how can I love this perfect human who's been holding me, telling me sweet nothings, dancing with me and laughing. Oh that's why I love him.

I had to look up and blink quickly before tears start rolling down my cheeks.

They were stood right ahead of me just talking as if I weren't here.

I lost something I never had and it hurts just as bad.

"So are you going to show me our dance love?" She asks Shawn lovingly. Her hands caressing his jaw, like I did.

Our dance. That's what we called it. How could he have called it ours when all along it was never mine. I never had a chance with him and he led me on. Why would he put in effort to come see me or call me loving names or just simply hold me.

"Let's just go home babe, my parents are coming over" He says rather quietly. "Oh you never told me, you know I have a nail appointment and I need to go for my fitting once more" she says looking up at him. I couldn't move my eyes from the couple.

"I did tell you, I know you don't like when they come over but it's family" his hand goes to her cheek. Then he uses two fingers to lift her chin. I wish I looked away.

They share a kiss and not a short one, she kept going so out of sadness I clear my throat making her look at me.

"We'll get going, sorry Lila" she chuckles walking over to me. I stand up and she puts her hand out to me.

"It's fine..."

"Grace" she grins. She shakes my hand then moves back to Shawn who still hadn't looked at me. Surely he knows what he's done.

He links their hands and they walk away.

Grace. He's about to marry Grace.