24

Lila Hamilton
-next morning

Three knocks at my bedroom door make me wide awake all over again. All night I hadn't slept, well excluding the five minutes when I drifted away but I shot back up.

I cleared my throat "Yeah?" I call.

"Can I come in?" Jasper asked so kindly as though last night had never happened. "Yes" I reply. I knew no matter what my reply he'd come in anyway. So I rub my eyes and the doors open to him, the blonde walking in with a tray in his hands, his shirt off and sweats hanging low on his waist. I used to find him so incredibly attractive but the way he's been treating me made him ugly.

"Hey" he places the tray on the table beside me and he sits in front of me. His large hand going to my knee. "Hi" I mutter.

"Didn't sleep did you?" He asks.

I gulp shaking my head no. "How'd you expect me to sleep?" I ask timidly. Then his eyes soften as they look over me.

"I'm sorry about last night... the drinks got me" his hand grips mine and he leans into me, his other hand on my cheek. "I made you breakfast"

You see why my heart is confused. He hurts me then treats me like this.

"And I'm gonna make up for it, you can come with me for the week I'm away" his fingers gently squeeze my hand. "And we can-"

He gets cut off by my phone. He reaches for it letting out a sigh as he ends the call. "Why do you have Shawn's number?" He asks me showing me the screen.

"I gave him my number when we first met" I answer honestly. "Well you don't need it. He's a fucking fool for what he did" he unlocks my phone and I watch carefully. "What're you doing?" I ask clinging on to his wrist.

"There. It's blocked. I'm here Lila, you don't need him"

"W-why would you do that? He's my friend" I snatch my phone back to see the messages and calls had gone. Like he was never there anyway.

"Friend?" Jasper scoffs. "Do you not remember that he married someone else, chose someone else because he doesn't think your worth it and if she hadn't walked in you would've never have known" he takes the phone putting it to the side.

"Jasper, it's the past-"

"Exactly. Forget about him love" his hands cup my cheeks. "You can survive without him"

I had no words left to say.

"Now do you want me to help you pack?" He asks. "I'll do it myself" I sit back.

"I'll do it. You sit and eat, tell me what you want me to pack" he gets up and leans into me, his lips pressing a kiss to my forehead.

-
Eli was dropping us off at the airport along with Carmen. Jasper had his arm around me pulling me to his side.

I was still upset that he deleted Shawn's number, I had no way of contacting him but maybe it was for the best, maybe I needed space. I mean the last time I had properly saw him, he was kissing down my neck and I almost found it impossible to tell him to stop. Then the phone call, we barely exchanged ten words.

"So where are you off?" Eli asks. "LA, I have an interview with Ellen" Jasper says proudly.

"You do? I didn't even know" I look up at him. "Well now you know, I'm excited" he chuckles. How could he be so warm and cuddly right now?

"You'll watch right?" He asks. "Of course" I nod. He smiles kissing the top of my head.

"We're here" Carmen says, the car stopping right outside the airport. "Be safe you two and Lila text me" Carmen smile back at us.

"I will. Bye guys" I get out the car following Jasper. We take our luggage and he grips my hand as we walk through the airport.

-
They journey here was pleasant. Jasper fell asleep and I stayed up listening to music... it reminded me of Shawn, I wander what he sounds like or what his style is.

We land and take a taxi to the hotel, Jasper was bombarded with paps and fans. I quickly rushed inside whilst he handled it all, I did not enjoy being in the public.

After that we got lazy in our room, I got into my pyjamas getting in bed and Jasper ordered room service and sat beside me.

His hand slowly took mine.

"Lila?"

I hum putting a grape in my mouth as I turn to him. We had barely spoke, just mumbled a few words that's all.

"I erm want to apologise" he starts and I'm already taken back. "I should have never put my hands on you and shouldn't have hurt you. I-i erm I'm you know protective of you, you're everything to me and I don't want to loose you" he says softly. My eyes look over his facial expression to see if he was bluffing but he wasn't.

"You hurt me Jasper" barely whisper. "Made me feel like shit"

"I know and I'm sorry Lila... do you forgive me?"

Stand your ground!

I shake my head no, praying and hoping he wouldn't get mad. "You hurt me physically and emotionally. Show me you care for me" I sigh.

For some horrible reason my heart hoped he'd let me go but maybe fate was drawing us together so he'd change and I'd get over Shawn.

"I will. Anything you want, no more I promise. You know drinking gets me going and- and well I'm sorry" he says again. This time leaning in to kiss my cheek.

"I'm protective over you, no one can have you"

I didn't know how to react to this. Part of me wanted to blush and let my heart flutter but the other part of me got shivers.