74

Lila Hamilton
-a week later (November 27th)

I couldn't be more happier right now. I found a decorator to help somewhat refurbish the studio, which I was absolutely ecstatic to use. The thought of owning it fully, dancing, teaching and creating memories there, well I couldn't wait.

"Do you have to go?" Shawn wraps his defined arms around my waist, his fingers play with the button on my blue jeans, that I paired with a simple black turtle neck and black heeled boots. I put in a little more effort because since Haven being born I didn't have time to get ready properly, so today I put on a little more makeup, curled my hair and it felt good.

"I do have to go but I'll be back in like three hours. You can write some music in peace" I look at him through the mirror in the bathroom as he sways us gently.

He pouts, resting his chin on my shoulder, "I wanna write my music with you sitting on my lap telling me if you like it or not. Or with you sat on the bed with Haven, both of you giggling and having fun" he says making my heart swell.

I turn in his arms, cradling his face in my hands as he gazes at me with his love filled eyes. "You make it so hard for me to leave... but I have to. I promise I'm all yours when I'm home." He then tightens his arms around me, pressing me up against him.

I flutter my eyes shut and let my lips meet his in a soft kiss. "Sealed it with a kiss" he murmurs against my lips, leaving me all giddy.

-
"It's so nice to meet you, Lila!" A tall gent approaches me. "Oh, you're Alex? So nice to meet you" I smile up at the tall man, his piercing blue eyes leaving me stunned.

"You too", unexpectedly, he goes into a hug. I react quickly and hug him back, his hands rubbing my lower back then he pulls away.

"So should we get started?" I ask. He nods firmly then follows me into the studio. I open up the door and walk to the centre of the vast room.

"It's already so nice" he looks around, an impressed look on his face.

"I know but I want it to feel like- like-"

"More homey?"

I smile softly, "Yeah"

"I get it" he begins, "you're going to spend a lot of time here. Of course you'll want it to be like home and I assume you're extremely passionate about dance, you'll want this place to be your heaven" he slowly walks towards me, crossing his buff arms over his chest before pushing his blonde hair back.

"Exactly" I let out nervously. "I love dancing, just like how my fiancé loves music" I subtly drop in that I'm in a happy relationship.

"Congrats on the fiancé" a bitter tone in his voice but he seemed, well he seemed okay, for now.

"So, What first?" I ask clapping my hands.
-

Two hours later, me and Alex are sat on the floor, he sat ahead of me with a sketch pad as I tell him my ideas and he makes them come to life. We've also got to talking, he seems nice.

"-the first time I did ballet class, I cried! It was so hard but it has to be one of my favourites" I tell him as he keeps his iced eyes on the paper. He then flickers his eyes at me, "you're so cute"

I fidget a little, letting out a breathy laugh. "You're kind" I say.

"So are you. I know I've only worked with you for an hour or so but you're one of the nicest people I've ever met" he says softly, a slight rasp to his voice.

I didn't know what to do or how to respond.

I look away clearing my throat. "I want curtains, large red, velvet curtains" I quickly change the subject. "Then you'll get them. You'll get whatever you want" I could hear the cheekiness in his voice.

Now another hour had passed, we'd finished the planning and cost. I did my best to dismiss his flirty comments and smile but I had to make it clear that I was happy with Shawn, which I am.

So, now I'm stood in front of him as he pulls away from a goodbye hug.

"Alex" I call him softly. He hums shoving his hands in his pockets innocently. His eyes gaze down at mine.

"This is just business, okay? I hope you know that I'm really happy-"

"Oh" he cuts me off lightly. "I'm sorry for how I was and if I got too close, I apologise" he says sincerely.

"It's okay" I tell him softly. "I gotta go now. I'll see you tomorrow" I give him a smile then turn to go to my car. A weight lifted of my shoulders.

-
"So, How was it?" Shawn ask, placing a hand on my hip momentarily to get past me. "Good" I nod, sitting up on the stool and take haven from his high chair, he happily comes into my arms, his tiny hands prying at my shirt.

"Give me a minute baby" I chuckle adjusting my shirt to feed him. "Erm the guy helping me out, Alex, he's really good at his job and knows exactly what to do..."

"But?" Shawn turns to me as he continues stirring up the stir fry.

"Well he's a little- erm, don't get mad okay?"

"As long as there's nothing to be mad about" he turns back around so I'm facing his back. "There is nothing. He's just a little bit flirty but don't worry I completely shut him down, I told him I'm happy with you and that it's strictly work" I say all too quick.

I could see his back tense up, "Good that you dismissed it but if anything happens-"

"Nothing will happen... you trust me, right?" I ask hesitantly.

He turns around and makes his way towards me, stopping right in front of me. "I trust you" he nods then kisses my cheek.

I smile putting one hand on his jaw. "Now do you want your food now or later?" He asks. "Now, please" I peck his lips then he goes off to plate my food.