53

Lila Hamilton
- December 25th, 11:30 am

"Bless you" Shawn chuckles when I sneeze for what seemed like the hundredth time.

"Thanks" I sounded awful due to my stuffy nose. I clench my eyes shut for a few seconds then go back to doing my makeup, trying to look presentable for Shawn's family.

"Hey, we can stay home if you're not feeling too good" his warm hands rest on my shoulders slightly squeezing. I put my mascara down and lean back into the warmth of his bare skin.

"I'm fine" I bring my hand to his. "Are you sure? Everyone will understand" he looks at me through the mirror.

"I'm sure, now let me finish getting ready so we can go" I bring his hand to my lips kissing his knuckles. "Okay well tell me if you change your mind" he plants a kiss to the crown of my head then disappears from the bedroom.

I stay looking in the mirror and I found myself on the verge of tears.

"Honey? Have you seen my-"

"Your cologne is here" I cut him off. "Oh thanks" he rushes towards me grabbing the bottle from my vanity. He's about to turn away but stops himself.

"Lila?"

I hum in response, he turns me around and crouches down between my legs. His brows raising, waiting for me to talk.

"There must be a reason why everything thinks I'm pregnant-"

"The reason is that they're stupid. Everyone is clueless about our lives, we know that your not, we can't let people who we don't even know bring us down" he says calmly.

"But-"

"Baby, we're doing so good, you're happy and so am I. Don't pay attention to that kinda stuff" He cradles my hands and kisses my knuckles. "Okay" I give in, I lean down pressing a kiss to his forehead.

-
"Lila" I hear a faint whisper. I hum in response and feel Shawn's hand gently squeeze my thighs.

"We're here"

I open my eyes looking around lazily. "Sorry, I'm not even tired" I undo my seatbelt and stretch my arms. "You are, you didn't sleep last night because of that damn cold" Shawn says.

I look over at him, leaning over the console. He meets me half way for a short kiss.

"Let's go in" I nod then get out the car. Shawn goes to the back grabbing the presents as I knock on the door, it opens after three seconds with a very happy Karen.

"Merry Christmas!" She grins. I go in for a hug wishing her a merry Christmas, I'm brushed inside meeting manny then Aaliyah who was helping out in the kitchen.

Shawn starts a conversation with his mum in the living room so I start helping Aaliyah set the table.

"How do you feel about Shawn going away?" I ask her. "Okay I guess, it'll be weird. What about you? I know he literally breathes for you" She jokes.

"I'm good, obviously I'll miss him but I'm planning to join him a month into the tour" I tell her. "Does he know?"

"He's the one that came up with it" I chuckle. "Talking about me?" Shawn wanders in. His arms wrapping around my middle squeezing tightly. "Ow babe" I nudge him.

"Sorry sorry" he kisses my cheek. "And no, you wish we were talking about you" I tease. "You're always talking about me" his hand rubbing my sides as his lips find my neck, kissing me repeatedly.

"Shawn not now" I whisper. "Fine" he huffs playfully, taking a seat at the table.

"Lila, come sit now. I'll do the rest" Karen says. I ask if she's sure which results in her taking my hand and making me sit down. I sit beside Shawn, our thighs touching making me feel giddy.

"Feeling better?" He asks taking my hand and putting it in his lap. "Yeah, just a stuffy nose" I nod. He lifts my hand kissing the back of it which sent me weak. How cute could he get?

"Shawn" I whisper for his attention. He hums looking down at me and I instantly go in for a kiss whilst no one else was around. His hands go to my face and I couldn't help but giggle with joy as his tongue nudges mine. His lush lips mould perfectly with mine.

"Save it for when you go home!" Aaliyah pretends to gag sitting opposite Shawn. I quickly pull away, my cheeks all heated and Shawn was visibly turning red.

After a while the conversation flows, everyone was eating and just laughing. Shawn would occasionally nudge my thigh making me glance at him only for him to look away.

"So guys I have something to tell you" Shawn begins. I knew he was going to tell them about inviting them out to Europe for a week when he was on tour. He takes my hand under the table and I squeeze gently as I continue eating.

"I already know" Karen chuckles lightly. "Yeah it's so obvious" Aaliyah says.

I look at Shawn and he shrugs so I continue eating.

"I mean the shiny hair, glowy skin, not feeling well, lots of salt and the potatoes, you guys aren't very discreet" Karen beams.

"Shawn you won't even let go of her" Aaliyah comments.

I suddenly choke on my potatoes, grabbing my napkin to cough into it when I realise what they mean. When I calm down I look back at Karen.

"You think I'm-" I say at the same time Shawn says  "She's not-"

I turn back to Shawn. His eyes wide and mine probably full with fear and tears. "You're not" Shawn shakes his head.

"I'm not" I reassure him. "But what if I am?" I quickly add on in a panic. I grab my wine glass bringing it to my lips.

"You can't drink-"

I quickly spit it out in my napkin and put my head in my hands. "I'm not" I say under my breath. I was not expecting this, I'm not ready and neither is Shawn. We're not ready.

"Babe, you can't be" Shawn's hand goes to my back rubbing it soothingly. I brace myself looking up at them all taking deep breaths.

"I know, I know I'm not pregnant" I glance back at Shawn.

"I can get you a test" Karen takes my hand gently.

-
"Babe! Don't touch it" I cringe when Shawn goes to touch the test. We were in the bathroom, I was sat on the edge of the bath, Shawn pacing back and forth in front of me.

"How long dammit" He goes to kick the wall. "Hey!" I get up, my hands going to his shoulders to make him stop.

Then the timer goes off.

We both take a few seconds to let our eyes gaze at each other. Then I turn away and grab the test in my hands. I flip it the right way.

"What does that mean? What's two red lines?" Shawn stresses out and grabs the pregnancy box. I wait for him to realise as my back slides down the wall.

"No" he mumbles. "Maybe it's wrong" then he starts pacing again. I unintentionally let out a sob, he freezes then sits beside me.

Naturally, my head leans against his shoulder. "What do we do?" I hiccup.

"Your body, your choice my love. Whatever you want"

"We're not ready" my eyes wander up to his. "Well then we'll get ready" his lips press a tender kiss to my forehead. A kiss telling me we'll be okay.