1

Lila Hamilton
- June 1st, dance studio

"Perfect... but try not be so stiff. Come on James, you love her right? You can touch her, she's your fiancé" I chuckle at the couple. "And Imogen, let him lead okay?"

They both nod breathing out deeply. "Remember, it's your wedding day. You guys are in love, it's the biggest day of your lives, your journey begins. Just feel the music and love, as cringe as it sounds" I clap my hands going back to turn on the music for them.

"Okay 1,2,3,4-" I count on beat for them. A smile rises on my face when they start moving like they mean it. "One more time... and spin... duck down... kiss! And done!" I clap happily for them. Imogen giggles excitedly looking impressed with James.

"That was beautiful, trust me this will be perfect" I smile over at them. "Thanks Lila, like seriously we're both hopeless" Imogen chuckles grabbing her water.

"No worries, just practice at home and I'll help and you'll be fine. You guys did really good this week" maybe I was being over enthusiastic but I had to be for the clients.

Soon they leave and I finally get my break, I sit on the wood panel floor and stretch my legs out to the side, my opposite arm reaching over to touch my toes.

"Come on dude, you need to-"

"I can't. Just leave it"

"Dude get in there-"

I hear distant chatter so I get up cautiously. "Hello?" I call walking towards the door. As I walk closer a tall man is pushed into me. "Fuck! Sorry" he mumbles stepping back. A ginger boy steps out from behind him grinning.

"It's fine. Can I help?" I ask stepping back to take a look at the handsome duo. The one who bumped into me was tall, cute, looked too good looking for his own good. The one who pushed him seemed giddy and a proper lads lad.

"Yep" the ginger begins. "My buddy here needs to learn how to dance" he swings his arm over the brunettes shoulder.

"Right" I nod, I turn around to grab my note pad and turn the music down. "So what for? A wedding?" I ask still turned around.

"No" the brunette speaks up.

I let out a small chuckle turning around."No?" I ask looking between them as the ginger whispers something inaudible.

"No, can't a man just learn how to dance?" He chuckles. "Of course, What're your names?" I ask.

"Shawn" the brunette smiles charmingly. "Brian" he puts his hand out. I go to shake it and he brings my hand up to kiss my knuckles. "You didn't have to do that, we've just met" I say awkwardly pulling back.

"So dance, what kinda dance? Oh and we can sit over there" I point to the oak desk at the corner of the studio, it was just there for stuff like this basically. I go over and they follow me, I hear mumbling but it stops once we sit down. Shawn was looking at me weirdly, like he wouldn't avert his eyes at all and it kinda creeped me out.

"Like erm a slow dance" Shawn speaks up. "Together?" I ask them. Brian looks over at Shawn shaking his head.

"We're not together" he blurts out. "I never said you were" I grin at how red his face had gotten.

"We just want to learn a slow dance, you know to impress the ladies" Shawn says. I couldn't help but laugh, these incredibly handsome men wanted to learn to pull some girls.

"Okay then, how does two sessions a week sound?" I ask. "What about three?" Shawn asks. "That's fine but payment does go up"

They both nod eagerly. God they were so weird.

"Will you be teaching us?" Brian asks. "Yeah probably" I nod. "Also how long do you want to learn? Or just take lessons till you get it?"

"What about two months?" Shawn asks. "Two months" I nod looking down at my notebook.

"So what days are you guys free?" I ask. "What days are you free?" Brian asks.

"Everyday. I work here" I tell them letting out a small laugh. I couldn't put my finger on it but there was something about these two. "Erm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday" Shawn finally smiles.

I reciprocate the smile then make note of the days. "We can start next week and erm wear appropriate clothing. And we can sort out payment and stuff and also pick a song that you like or a few so we can just get into it" I tell them and they nod together.

"Okay cool, you can erm go now" I chuckle getting up.

The copy me looking between each other awkwardly then back at me.

"Sorry I didn't get your name" Shawn says, his eyes looking directly into mine. "Lila"

His lips curve into a pretty smile. "See you next week Lila" the words roll from his tongue then he looks away following Brian out the door.

"Be here eleven am!" I shout as the door shuts.

I sigh to myself sitting back down. My mind trying to work it's way around what happened. It was rather weird; Shawn was exceptionally handsome, he seemed like he had no time to be learning to dance of all things. And then he came along with his friend who was even more eager for him to learn.

Whatever it was I brush it off and start getting ready for the next few clients.