28

Lila Hamilton
- Shawn's hotel room

"Shit I'm sorry" my voice coming out raspy as soon as I wake up in Shawn's arms. "Hey it's okay" he lets out a hearty chuckle.

I was about to move from his side but he was so warm and safe so I stay put. "I know you just woke up but I need you to see something" he says sounding unsure of himself. My body shuffles so I'm up straight and can now see his angelic face.

"And I don't mean to bombard you with this right now, I know it's not what you need but if you don't see it you'll be so confused" he sighs softly. "Confused by what?" I ask, already feeling confused.

"Just watch this first... I'm right here"

I nod holding his phone in my hands and he starts the video.

Jasper Henry opens up with Ellen!

Ellen; hey it's so lovely to have you! Congrats on the win

Jasper; oh thank you, I'm so happy to be here

Ellen; please tell us what's the secret to winning... is it a girl?

Jasper; secret?

Ellen; don't lie to us Jasper, we've seen you with a beautiful girl on your arm

Jasper; oh Lila?

Ellen; is that her name?

Jasper; yep. We're not together anymore

Ellen; oh? Why not?

Jasper; you see she's an incredible woman, very very beautiful and I think it got to her head... I don't know if you guys saw but she's very close to Shawn-

Ellen; Shawn Mendes?

Jasper; yes. I hate them both. I gave that girl everything only for her to throw it in my face by sleeping with him behind my back? It hurt me, seeing the woman I love so close with another man. She's pathetic

Ellen; wow, we weren't expecting that

Jasper; neither was I! I loved her with everything, absolutely everything. I put all my trust in her and she- well she sleeps with someone else!

Ellen; hey calm down there buddy, we want all the best for you Jasper. Let's move on, when's your next fight-

Shawn then takes the phone from me. "I- I erm-"

I cut myself off and bring my hands to my face. "We know none of it is true" shawn gently rubs my back. "But people are- they're not happy" he sighs.

"What's going on?" I ask him shakily. I see guilt in his eyes despite him having done nothing. "People have found you're staying here" he sighs.

My heart rate increases. Do people actually believe Jasper?

I look right into Shawn's eyes hiccuping a cry "I'm scared"

"Fuck" he pulls me into his chest. "I won't let anything happen to you, I swear Lila"

The truth and raw honesty in his voice made my heart thump, for him. I press my cheek against his covered chest as he held me.

"I need to go home" I whisper brokenly.

"I'll get you home. My friend Jake can help us get out and I'll book tickets-"

"Us?" I ask. "Yeah... I'm coming with you" he says gently.

"I can't let you do that" I shake my head no. Fear filling my body and complete anxiety running through my veins. "I want to Lila, I want to make sure you get home okay" he puts his hand on my cheek.

"How bad is it?" I ask, afraid of the answer. "That doesn't matter"

"Shawn, please"

"It's bad" he sighs. I nod and let out a shaky breath. "I need to make a call" I mumble getting up, my head spinning as I'm stood on my own two feet. "Who?" Shawn asks quickly getting up.

"Just someone, I'm going out on the balcony" I start walking that way but Shawn takes my wrist making me wince and quickly tug my arm back. "Sorry, just take the call here. I'll go shower"

I nod at him then he soon escapes to the shower. I take a seat on the bed calling my dad, he answers in two rings.

"Hey sweetheart, me and Taylor were just talking about you" He exclaims happily. "Hi dad" I mutter. I clear my throat wanting to sound okay but his next question has me balling.

"Lila, you okay?"

I cry through the phone and I hear him hushing me calmingly. "Dad I-I want to come home"

"You can. This is always your home baby. Should I come get you?" He rushes to ask. "I'll come on my own. How-how long c-can I stay?"

"As long as you need" I hear a gentle sigh as I let out a sniffle. "Please don't cry on me Lila, it's breaking my heart hearing you cry" his voice cracking. "Whatever it is baby I promise it'll get better"

"It doesn't seem it" I whisper weakly.

"It seems like that now but bad things happen to good people honey, I need you to believe me when I tell you everything will be okay"

I use my palm to wipe my tears. "I'll be home by tomorrow night" I rasp.

"Perfect... I'll make spaghetti"

"Thank you Dad" I put my head in my hands, I was dying for one of his hugs right now. "Don't thank me Lila, you know I'm always here. Now get home, I could use a cuddle"

I gulp nodding despite the fact he couldn't see me. "I love you my little lion"

I chuckle at the childhood pet name. "I love you too" I end the call and Shawn walks out all changed and his hair wet.

"All good?" He asks me, taking a seat beside me. "I'm going home" I tell him, keeping my eyes on my bouncing leg.

"You can stay with me all you need. We can just forget it all. I'll take care of you and give you whatever you need-"

"No, home to my dad. Alone"

He lets a small "Oh" and that's all.

He doesn't talk to me for the rest of the time I'm him with and that hurt like hell.

_
Sorry I didn't know how to structure the interview part, hope that was okay!
Also can we believe it's been 28 chapters and Shawn and Lila haven't kissed. Trash.