45

Lila Hamilton
-home, same night

"Shawnie" I poke his cheek. We found a bar later on and let's say I'm way more than drunk than him.

"Shawn, shawn, shawn, shawn-"

"Yes, I'm here. I'm listening to you and only you. Now what is it babe?" He pulls me inside his condo. "I just-" I quickly stumble in front of him cupping his cheeks and squishing them. His lips pout and I press a big kiss to them.

"How do you-" I poke his chest. "Look so handsome? Magic water?" I ask giddily, my hands roaming his muscly shoulders and arms.

He chuckles and swiftly picks me up ignoring my questions. I'm placed on the bed and I sit down with my legs crossed as I watch Shawn walk to his wardrobe.

"Shawn?" I ask with a giggle. "Yeah love?"

"Come here, I need to tell you something" I reach my arms out. He stops what he's doing and sits in front of me so I put my arms around his shoulders.

"It's a joke are you ready?" I ask biting on my bottom lip to suppress my laughs before I even tell the joke. "Yes I'm ready" he grins at me.

"Okay... what did Cinderella say when she got to the ball?"

"What did she say?" He asks.

"She didn't say anything. She gagged!" I burst out laughing. Shawn laughs with me giddily. This moment meant everything to me.

"I don't gag do I?" I ask holding his warm face. "No babe" Shawn chuckles.

"I'm good at it right?"

"Yes baby, you need to drink some water" he ignores me trying to get up but I quickly pull him down and sit on his lap with my legs to either side of him.

"Should I show you?" I ask him, this was drunk me, completely taking over. "Not right now"

"In five minutes?"

Shawn shakes his head no. "Please" I whine. "You're so beautiful" I rock my hips a little and he grunts grabbing my waist making me stop.

"I want you just as bad but not now. Drink your water and we can cuddle and sleep" he kisses my lips but it wasn't enough for me. I press my lips against his again and slip my tongue in. His hands holding my face as I move my tongue against him. It was definitely a hungry kiss.

"Babe" he pulls back breathlessly.

"Okay I'm done" I flop down. "Nuh uh, come here. Let's get changed"

So then Shawn helps me change, gets me water, takes my makeup off and finally gets me in bed. He spoons me from behind and I lace our hands near my stomach.

"Shawn?"

He hums lazily kissing my shoulder. "I love you"

"I love you more gorgeous" He whispers.

After just a few minutes Shawn was asleep, however I stayed awake my mind sobering up and I remembered I forgot to take my pills. I ease out of Shawn's grip going to the kitchen and I take one down with some cold water.

As I'm about to go back to the room I hear a phone go off, I ignore it but it happens again. I look around spotting Shawn's jacket. I take it reaching in for the phone, I only wanted to silence it but another notification came up so I looked.

And my god do I wish I just fell sleep. I hated myself for needing a damn pill to sleep.

My eyes prick with tears as the phone illuminates brightly.

Grace
I miss you too x

Grace
I won't lie, it has been hard

Grace
Four years gone to waste huh

-

"You're up early" Shawn pecks my cheek as he goes to the fridge.

"Could barely sleep" I chuckle lightly. "And nerves, you know" I tell him handing him a cup of coffee as he sits at the island. I sit opposite him just taking it all in.

All last night alarm bells rang in my head. That I should leave him, all men are the same, they treat you like shit and don't care.

His eyes flicker towards me and he sends me a wink.

"Can I ask you something?" I speak up putting my mug down.

"You've been saying that a lot" he chuckles.

I ignore his comment, not in the mood today. "Just hypothetically, if I was, and this is all hypothetical again. If I was the one texting Jasper, all friendly. How would you feel?" I ask slowly as I try to remain calm and not cry.

"What?" His eyebrows furrow. "How would you feel?" I ask again.

"Well like shit. Why the fuck would you want to text a man who broke your heart?" He scoffs. "I'd feel horrible, confused I guess" he answers.

I nod taking a deep breath. "Why?"

"Well that's how I felt when I saw that you were messaging Grace"

It then falls silent. He's not even looking at me.

All men are the same.

I force myself to get up and put my mug in the sink when I feel two arms wrap around me.

"Get off me please" I tell him quietly. "Shawn" I warn again.

He moves away and watches me in silence get my jacket on and grab my bag. "Let me explain" he rushes after me.

"You have no idea. I know it looks bad but it's not. I promise you" he grabs my arm but I tug away unlocking the door with tears in my eyes and a heavy heart.

"Lila, I love you"

I freeze and turn around to him. "I love you too but it's weird that your ex wife is telling you she misses you" I say bitterly.

"You're still in contact with Jasper!" He shoots back.

"But I'm not. Carmen is and you know why. At least I told you. You can check my phone if you really want, there'll be nothing there" I whisper the ending and turn around walking away.

_
The next one is long.
Grab your tissues. I cried whilst writing it so good luck.