85

Shawn Mendes
-back home

Me and Lila got right to work with decorating and I absolutely loved doing it with her. She was a little more herself, much more comfortable. She had showered and she came straight to help me, bare faced and beautiful wearing a set of baby pink satin pyjamas that consisted of a shirt and shorts. She looked innocently sexy.

She was giggling when I placed a bow on my head and said I was her gift. She was bossing me around when I hung up the lights wrong. She was smiling when I lifted Haven to the tree, encouraging him to put a bauble on the tree. She was becoming happier and that's all that matters to me.

"Time for the star" she excitedly takes the star that Haven had paid interest to at the market. "I wanna get a picture" I quickly grab my phone.

"I want you to be in it though" She says, physically melting when she slumps her body and slightly pouts. "This is why we have a self timer" I lean my phone against the table and press the ten second timer.

I rush over to her beside the tree. Haven giggles as he shakes the star in his hands, Lila holds him on her hip and I wrap my arms around her, resting my chin on my shoulder. Before I hear the camera click I kiss her cheek, keeping my lips there for a couple of seconds as she grins widely.

She giggles warmly, facing me. "Put the star on, I'll take the picture" I tell her. She nods and I move away from her to get my phone. Lila steps up on he stool with haven and she takes the star, fixing it on top of the tree.

"Is it straight?" She asks me. "Perfect" I take the picture and go back to her.

Haven coos, pointing up at the tree. "Wait, the lights!" She exclaims.

"Oh shit, hold on" I go around the tree. "Ready?" I ask.

"Yep!"

I flick the switch and the whole condo lights up, the light reflecting on Lilas skin.

"So pretty, eh Havey" I ask him. You could see the reflection of the lights in his big chocolatey eyes. He then giggles snuggling further into her chest.

"Oh my baby" Lila kisses the top of his head. "Should we watch a movie?" I ask her.

She hums sitting on the sofa. "I'll make us some hot chocolate, you pick a movie" I tell her.

"Light the candles too"

"Okay"

"And pass me that blanket please" She flutters her eyes at me. I take the fluffy white blanket and open it up, laying it over Lila and Haven. "Thanks babe" Lila speaks softly.

She hadn't called me any endearing names in a while and it just made my heart glow.
-

Half way through Polar Express and Lila had her head on my lap with her legs stretched out, the blanket covering her body. Haven fast asleep on her chest, his lips gaped open. I was sat back, one hand in Lila's soft hair, gently massaging her scalp.

She hums, wriggling a little. "Lila?" I call her in a whisper. When she doesn't reply I realise she's also asleep.

I lean down, swiping her hair out of her face and she mumbles something inaudible then her eyes begin to flicker. "Hi" she hums tiredly, looking up at me in a daze.

"Lets go to bed" I kiss her forehead. She nods but then contradicts herself by staying in her position a little longer. "I'll tuck Haven in" She yawns getting up slowly. I follow her to Havens nursery.

She puts him down in the white framed cot, turning on the monitor then she turns to me. I step out the way letting her go first. "So chivalrous" she comments tiredly making me chuckle.

Once she steps into our room I take her hand and spin her back to me, her chest flushed against mine and her hands on my shoulders.

"What was that for?" Her hazy eyes flutter between my lips and eyes making me feel giddy. I then glance up to the doorframe and she follows my gaze.

"You did that on purpose" she giggles shyly.

Mistletoe hung above us.

And yes, I did do it on purpose. Why not?

"You know what that means, right?" A playful smirk sets on my lips. Lila shakes her head no, "I don't" she plays on along.

"Well, I'll show you" my hands go to her face and I pull her in closer to my lips. Her lips meet mine but she was so tired that the kiss was a little sloppy, her tongue messing around with mine, her lips trying to kiss all of me. I chuckle against but I don't pull back, not yet.

I feel her lips tug into a smile and I take over, my tongue swipes at her bottom lip then I pull back with it between my teeth.

She grows shy, hiding her face into my chest. "Will you kiss me again?" She asks, looking up at me.

"All night"

"All night" she nods affirmatively. Her hand laces with mine and she's dragging me to our bed, I kick the door shut and she falls back on the bed. Eagerly, I climb over her body, a hand on her waist and another on her jaw.

"It's been a little while" her teeth take her bottom lip, to chew nervously. "A-and I missed you Shawn and I wanna just say sorry-"

"Babe-"

"Just let me. You said sorry and now it's my turn. I know that I shut you out when I shouldn't have and that I got all quiet when I should've spoke to you and I'm sorry. You mean a lot me, Shawn, more that you know. You make me feel safe and loved, I don't want to ruin it, ever" her eyes swell with tears.

"It's okay, we're okay, I promise. I love you" my hand gently squeezes her waist. Her legs wrap around my torso and her hands go to my chest.

" and I missed you more" my nose nudges hers, her breathing quickens when I brush my lips against hers.

We took it slow the rest of the night. Just taking our time to love on each other, appreciate each other.