Chapter Fifty

"That key card opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this key card also has a massive gun

"That key card opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this key card also has a massive gun." Dustin explained, "Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it."

"But there's gotta be a way in." Robin spoke, her eyes fixed on the table in front of her as her mind raced with thoughts. She looked up at Steve, who was just spinning his hat around, his eyes on the table also but looked as if he wasn't even listening.

He had bags under his eyes, and a gloomy look on his face as he'd barely spoken three words the entire day. Something was off about him, and although Robin wanted to figure out what it was, she knew she couldn't because he'd just push her away and there were more important things to worry about.

Steve, deciding he'd needed to speak up blew into his hat to make the top normal again, "Well, you know-" He sat the hat on the table, leaning forward. "I could just take him out."

"Take who out?" Robin asked.

"The Russian guard," Steve answered, noticing the look on her face. "What? I sneak up behind him, I knock him out, and I take his key card. It's easy."

"Did you not hear the part about a massive gun?" Dustin asked, his arms crossed as he looked at the boy.

"Yes, Dustin, I did." Steve answered, "And that's why I would be sneaking."

"Ah," Dustin replied. "Well, please, tell me this, and be honest, have you ever actually... won a fight?"

"Okay, that was one time-"

"Twice. Jonathan. Year prior?" Dustin corrected, "And yeah sure you got some pretty good hits on Billy, but if you remember correctly, Natasha was the one to end that fight."

"Listen that doesn't count, the fight with Jonathan." Steve shook his head, leaning back again. 

"Why wouldn't it count? Because it looked like he beat the shit out of you." Dustin replied.

"It was-"

"You got a fat lip, crooked nose-"

"...things that all added up-"

"Swollen eye, a lot of blood..."

Robin glanced away from the two bickering boys and noticed something, a smile beginning to grow on her face. "That just might work."

She got up and ran out of the back room, grabbing her things and to the front where she took all of the tips out of the tip jar. "Robin, hey Robin! Hey, what- what are you doing?"

"I need cash," She simply replied as she walked backwards, looking at the two boys who stopped behind the counter.

"Well, half of that's mine!" Steve objected. "Where are you going?"

"To find a way into that room, a safe way!" She exclaimed, "And in the meantime, sling ice cream, behave, and don't get beat up! I'll be back in a jiff."