Chapter Twenty One

"You sure he's going to like these?" Natasha asked, flicking through the movies

"It's Will. He'll be okay with anything. It's Bob I'm worried about," Jonathan replied, as the blonde shrugged and sat the movies on the counter.

"Bob's not that bad of a guy you know?" Natasha asked, glancing over. "I mean, yeah he's kind of weird but, he's got good intentions."

"Yeah? How are you so sure?" Jonathan looked over at his best friend. She took in a deep breath, before finally shrugging.

"I got a hunch."

"A hunch? Is that what that is?" He asked.

She rolled her eyes, taking the movies after he'd paid. They walked out to her car (which was her idea, she desperately wanted him to ride with her for once) and got in, her handing the movies over to him. "I just- I've seen Bob around town a few times. He's that guy that knows everyone, and has only ever wanted good for people and is always so happy. Why wouldn't someone want a guy like that?"

"Okay, so if you're so good at telling whether people want good or bad for someone... Then tell me your other thoughts about people," Jonathan spoke as they both buckled up, the girl turning her car on and pulling out of the lot.

"What do you mean?" She asked, glancing over at him every so often.

"You- you have this feeling about Bob, right? That- that he's a good person, and only wants good for my family. So tell me your thoughts about other people, is this feeling always right?" He began to ask questions. "Is it like a superpower?"

"No, you dingus. I've only ever seen one person with powers, and that's El. It's just this feeling I get, and nine times out of ten it's always correct." The blonde focused on the road. "I had it with Edward when I first met him. And look at us now?"

"I guess you're right about that," Jonathan said. "What- what about Nancy? Is that why you were so harsh to her that day she came up to us about Will?"

"Yes, that's exactly why I was like that," Natasha answered. "It's not because I was some jealous bitch who didn't want to see you fall in love. She was with Steve, and she's literally never made an attempt to talk to you. I just never got a good feeling about her, and if I'm being honest I still don't have a good feeling about her but it's not toward you."

"It's toward Steve?" The boy questioned, basically reading her mind.

She sighed, knowing he was going to press her until she admitted it. "Yes, I just- I don't know. She doesn't seem interested in him the way she was before. It's just a feeling though, this could be part of the one percent that's wrong."

"You're only telling me that to make me feel better because she's my friend," Jonathan pointed out as Natasha turned down their street.

"You're right," She sighed. "I can't help that I feel this way, Jonathan. It's just- my feelings never proved to be wrong before, why would it be wrong now?"