Chapter Thirty Eight

"You'll be safe with Hopper, I promise

"You'll be safe with Hopper, I promise." Natasha told her twin, "They'll be able to use you, you're strong enough to help him and Eleven get inside without being hurt."

"I know, I know. I'm just worried about you, will you be okay?" Emily asked, glancing behind her.

"Yeah, I'll- I'll be good here. If anything, you know what to do." Natasha tapped the side of her temple, and Emily pursed her lips with a nod, pulling the girl in for a hug.

As soon as she stepped away, she walked over to the porch with the kids and Steve, purposefully standing a distance away. She just stood next to Sharon and hugged her, knowing how hard it was for her to watch Eleven and Mike.

They then went back inside once Hopper, Eleven and Emily left in Hopper's truck, and Jonathan, Nancy, Will and Joyce left in Jonathan's car. Natasha just followed Dustin into the kitchen, where he emptied out the refrigerator after ordering Steve to grab the demodog and bring it to him.

"Alright," He spoke once he was done. "It should fit."

"Is this really necessary?" Steve asked, as he held the slimy thing. It was wrapped in a blanket, but its head was still out and able to be seen and it kind of disgusted Natasha. She just stood up and walked into the living room and passed the others, walking into Jonathan's bedroom.

She wanted to get away from people for a while. Of course she technically had no right to be upset with Steve, but she noticed him almost kiss her literally right before seeing him and Nancy together like that. Sure, they're not dating, but he's been acting like he likes her, hasn't he? He never acted like this to her until after him and Nancy had broke up.

Well, he had always acted a certain way around her once they began hanging out, but he never acted the way he does now. She couldn't help but wonder if he's only messing with her because he knew by the way she acted that she liked him, or if he just messed around with her whether he knew she liked him or not.

Whatever the case, it wasn't fair to her and now her heart is broken and there's nothing she can do about it.

Hearing a noise in the living room caused her head to snap up, and she wasted no time in running back into the living room. As soon as she got there she heard it was just Mike talking about something, pointing at some of the drawings Will had drawn.

"So maybe if we set this on fire-"

"Oh yeah? That's a no!" Steve spoke up, pointing his finger down after setting the wash rag in his hands on his shoulder.

"The mind flayer would call away his army," Dustin said.

"They'd all come to stop us." Lucas spoke.

"Hey-"

"Then we circle back to the exit." Sharon said.

"Guys!" Steve said, as Natasha just leaned back, listening to what they were saying.