Chapter Thirty

"It's kind of chilly out, so I don't think I'm going to wear this," Natasha mumbled, pointing at the dress Steve picked out for her

"Then wear one of my jackets." He shrugged.

"No, Steve. That's not it." She shook her head. "I have my leather jacket which is perfectly fine. It's the fact that even though I'll be wearing tights I'm still going to be cold on my legs."

"Okay, fine I'll choose something else." He took the dress from her hands, walking over to her closet. They were supposed to be picking up Dustin to go find Dart, but by the time Steve got there to pick the girl up she wasn't even ready yet. She'd finished her hair and light makeup, but still had yet to find something to wear.

"This," He picked out one of his old shirts. "This is perfect. Then you can wear my jacket that I was wearing yesterday!"

"Why do you want me to wear your jacket so bad?" Natasha looked at him, her nose scrunched up.

"I just- I don't know. Never mind," He mumbled, handing her the shirt before walking away.

"Wait, where are you going?" She asked, turning to him.

"I was going to go wait outside," He softly said, stopping to look at her.

She stared at him for a moment, looking down at the shirt in her hands before back up at the boy with sad eyes. He'd been acting different since that day in the gym, ever since he got out of the showers to be exact. She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but she kind of liked it.

"Are you sure you don't want to help me pick out a pair of jeans, and a belt?" She asked, rocking back and forth on her feet. "One to match your jacket that I'm going to wear?"

Steve smiled, his face turning red as he nodded, walking back toward her. He watched her as she opened her dresser drawer that held her jeans and began to go through them, picking out a pair of light blue ones he'd yet to see her wear. "Maybe these?"

"I'd have to roll them up at the bottom because they're a little long, but sure. And my belts are hanging in the closet," She mumbled. "Let me go change into this and I'll be right back."

Walking out of her bedroom, she walked into the bathroom with a big smile on her face. It was weird how her just simply agreeing to wear Steve's blue jacket instead of her own leather one made him really happy, but she couldn't quite understand why. After dismissing the thought and putting her clothes on, she made sure to tuck the shirt into her pants and roll the bottoms up, walking back into the bedroom to see Steve with a plain black belt.

"I thought this one might match," He nervously said, "Black matches everything."

"Thanks," She spoke, taking the belt from him and slipping it on. She then grabbed the blue jacket that Steve had laid on her bed, slipping it on. It wasn't too big, but big enough to where it made the outfit come together. She pulled her hair out of the collar of the jacket before walking over to where her jewelry was, picking up the necklace Steve had gotten her for her birthday the previous year.