Chapter Twenty Two

"Do I really have to go to school today? I think I'm sick," Natasha groaned, rolling over in bed

Mrs. Moore sighed, sitting at the side of her bed. "You're not running a fever, you're not throwing up. How are you sick? What's wrong, Natasha?"

The blonde looked at the older woman, looking at how well together she looked. Her dark brown hair as tied up into a ballerina type bun, her brown eyes looking over the blonde in worry. She had wrinkles on the sides of her eyes, but she was still extremely beautiful nonetheless. 

"N-no, I'm fine," Natasha finally said. Changing her mind about wanting to stay home, she jumped out of the bed and began to get ready. She wouldn't be able to get out of school anyway, so she might as well look presentable.

"You're- you're fine?" Mrs. Moore asked, standing up. "You were talking about how you were sick two seconds ago, is- is something going on?"

Natasha shook her head, grabbing something random before beginning to throw it on. She couldn't tell her mother about what's been happening since the night before. The girl just continued to get ready, ignoring the woman's stare as she did so.

"Something's clearly bothering you, Natasha Violet, and I want to know what it is." She sternly said, putting her hands on her hips.

"I just- I had a really bad headache, okay? I'm feeling better, honest." Natasha sent a reassuring smile to the older woman, shoving her leather jacket on. She ran a brush through her hair, turning the straightener on as she tried to get ready as quick as possible. Luckily, she didn't have to rely on Jonathan anymore, and so she can get there at any time, not having to worry too much about making someone wait.

The older woman sighed, not believing the girl but let the topic go anyway. She stared at her for just a few more moments, before exiting the room, leaving Natasha to her lonesome. It wasn't too long before she was finished getting ready, and she grabbed her book bag before walking out of her bedroom.

She didn't bother saying goodbye to anyone before leaving, let alone grabbing anything for breakfast. As soon as she got to her car and got in, the pain was back.

'Soon'

'Who is this?' She asked, but instead of asking it out loud like she meant to, it was inside of her mind.

'Can you hear me?'

'Yes,'

"Natasha," Sharon said for what seemed like the third or fourth time. The blonde turned to her, hands shaky as she gripped onto the handle for the window, rolling the window down. "Are you okay? Your eyes were doing some weird stuff."

"I'm- I'm fine," The blonde answered.

"What was going on with your eyes?" Sharon asked, still unsure of the answer she got from her sister.