Chapter Twelve

The feeling of someone brushing her hair out of her face woke Natasha up, and she flinched before opening her eyes

"S-sorry I was just-" Steve's face grew red as he pulled away, running his fingers through his messy hair. "It was in your face and I was scared you couldn't breathe." He squeezed his eyes shut, realizing how stupid that sounded.

"Scared I couldn't breathe?" Natasha scrunched her nose up, as Steve glanced at her.

"Sorry I didn't mean that, I just wanted to keep your hair out of your face, I don't know." Steve shook his head. "Did you- did you sleep okay?"

"Uh, yeah. Thanks." Natasha sat up, rubbing the tiredness out of her eyes. Steve took this as a moment to study her, watching as goosebumps formed on her arms, and her hair was knotted down her back. "So um, do you have plans for today?" She asked, noticing his stare.

"Oh- I- I don't know." He shrugged, "Why?"

"I just didn't want to keep you here all because I didn't want to go home or anything," Natasha spoke, her voice soft as she looked down at her lap.

"Well Tommy and Carol wanted to hang as usual, but I don't know if I want to anymore." Steve played it cool, running his hair through his hair for what seemed like the millionth time since Natasha had woken up.

"I can let you hangout with them and go ho-"

"No, it's okay. I'll hangout with you." Steve cut the girl off.

"Wait, seriously?" Natasha asked, her face twisting in confusion.

"Yeah, I mean. They're going to come here if I don't hangout with them soon but, I'd love to hangout with you." Steve nodded his head to the side.

"So you want me to hangout with you and two of the people I hate most in this world?" Natasha questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"If you don't have anything planned, then yes." Steve nodded.

"I don't have any clothes or anything, and I really need to shower, and-"

"Use my shower, and I'll give you clothes." Steve cut the girl off.

"I already told you-"

"I spent forever trying to convince you to wear my clothes last night. If you wear my clothes you'll be in clean clothes," Steve said. "At least one of my t-shirts."

"Fine, just a t-shirt." Natasha grumbled, not wanting to get into another tiny argument with the boy. He smiled and got up, walking over to get one of his old t-shirts he usually wears to bed.

After taking a quick showering and changing back into her old jeans with Steve's shirt, she walked into his room again to see him doing his hair in the mirror.

"You really care about your hair, don't you?" Natasha asked, putting her jacket on. Steve glanced at her, before looking back into the mirror.

"Yeah,"