Chapter Ten

"It would take a lot of energy to create a gate like this," Mike told the unknown little girl

"It would take a lot of energy to create a gate like this," Mike told the unknown little girl. The girl just stared at him wide eyed for a moment, Natasha staring at her. Who's kid was this? Of course she wasn't around her little sister all the time but she knew pretty much everyone she hung out with, and Hawkins is small enough for most people to know each other.

She'd never seen this little girl before, and she felt even more so out of the loop than she did when it was just mainly Jonathan hiding stuff from her.

"But that's gotta be what happened. Otherwise, how would Will get there, right?" He asked.

"Wait-"

"Right." The girl agreed.

"Will? But we just-"

"He's not dead, Natasha." Sharon cut the teen off.

"What? I'm so confused!" Natasha exclaimed.

"It's a long story, just let us figure stuff out, alright?" Sharon sweetly asked her older sister, who just nodded and folded her hands in her lap.

"What we want to know is, do you know where the gate is?" Lucas asked, ignoring the conversation between the two. The little girl shook her head, causing the boy to get upset. "Then how do you know about the Upside Down?!"

She just stayed quiet, causing tension to fill the room. Soon enough they all looked over and saw Dustin pacing back and forth, holding something in his hand as he kept on stealing glances at it.

"Dustin what are you doing?" Mike asked. "Dustin.. Dustin!"

"Dustin!" 

Lucas finally yelled, causing the boy to stop and look at the others. He glanced between everyone before speaking, "I- I need to see your compasses!"

"What?" Natasha asked. "Why?"

"Yeah, I'm with her on this one. Why?" Sharon asked, pointing to her sister.

"Your compasses, all of your compasses right now!" He exclaimed, pointing a finger to the ground. The others looked at each other but ended up agreeing, all of them going to the table that the boys usually play D&D at. They dropped their compasses (minus Natasha) on the table for Dustin, wondering what the hell it was he needed them so bad for.

He began to flip them to the right sides, putting them together as Natasha scrunched her nose up in confusion.

"What's exciting about this?" Mike asked.

"Seriously, D," Sharon said.

"They're all facing North, right?" Dustin asked, a cute smile on his face.

"Yeah, so?" Beck asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Well that's not true North!" Dustin exclaimed.

"What?" Lucas asked.