Chapter Five

"What do you want now, Steve?" Natasha sighed, gripping the doorknob tightly

"Hey, don't be all sassy with me, okay? I at least came to your door this time." He held his hands out in defense. "My parents are gone out of town, I invited some friends over to hangout at my place. You should come."

"And watch you stick your tongue down Nancy Wheeler's throat? Gag me with a spoon," She scoffed, beginning to shut the door.

"Please?"

"Why are you so adamant on me hanging out with you, Steve? I don't like you." She stated.

"Ouch, that hurt." Steve winced. "I just think you're cool.

Natasha couldn't help but snort, "You? Think I'm cool? That's the first."

"Stop being so mean!" The boy exclaimed. "I'm really trying here!"

"I get that, but could you possibly not try? I don't care, and I'm too busy helping Jonathan look for Will." It was a partial lie, as she was still looking for Will, but as of right now her and Jonathan aren't really on talking terms, so she wasn't technically helping him at the moment.

"Because watching TV and doing homework is totally looking for the missing kid," Steve spoke as he motioned to the empty living room behind the girl, proving he saw that she wasn't really doing much that was productive besides her homework.

Even then, she wasn't really focusing on it as her mind was running with other things.

"Better than hanging out with a bunch of assholes that don't care about anyone but themselves." Natasha rolled her eyes. "Look, Steve. Take the hint. I'm not interested. You're going to be too busy smacking lips with Nancy Wheeler, and I'm not about to spend any time with Tommy or Carol."

"Do you really despise all of us that much?" Steve asked, disbelief written on his features.

"Let's see: Barb? No. Love her, she's amazing, actually. Tommy H? Total douchebag, Carol? Same, but also a drag as she always pops her gum super loud in her mouth and it's really annoying-"

"Nat,"

"Nancy Wheeler? Don't get me started. I tolerate her due to her little brother being friends with my little sister, but she's a try hard. She's trying too hard and can't see that you just want to get in her pants-"

"Natasha stop, okay?" Steve cut the girl off again, and she looked at him for a moment.

"What? Don't want to hear what I have to say about you?" She asked.

"Clearly it's nothing good, you think I'm only into Nancy for getting in her pants which totally- definitely isn't true." Steve shook his head.

"Okay, then go wait for Nancy to get to your house and leave me the hell alone." Natasha shrugged.