Chapter Thirty Seven

"The hell is this? Where have you been?" Hopper asked Eleven, after her and Mike's emotional reunion

"Where have you been?" Eleven retorted, the soft and comforting look on her face gone. He just put an arm out and hugged her, where she gratefully accepted and leaned in against his chest.

"You've been hiding her," Mike realized, his eyes wide. "You've been hiding her this whole time!" He shoved Hopper's back, causing some of the kids to gasp and for Sharon to let out a light 'Mike'.

"Hey!" Hopper exclaimed, grabbing onto Mike's collar. "Let's talk! Alone."

Almost as soon as the two left to another room, Lucas and Dustin wasted no time in wrapping their arms around the girl with teary eyes. "We missed you," Lucas softly said.

"I missed you, too." Eleven replied just as soft.

"We talked about you pretty much just everyday." Dustin spoke as they pulled away, a giant smile on his face. Eleven looked at him in confusion, reaching her hand out to touch them. He pulled back, as she put her hand down.

"Teeth,"

"What?" He asked.

"You have teeth," She elaborated.

"Oh, you like these pearls?" He asked, making a weird purring sound, causing Lucas to shake his head in disappointment.

"Eleven?" Max asked, walking up to the group with Alexis and Adeya behind her.  "Hey, um, I'm Max. I heard a lot about you." She held her hand out, but the girl just passed by her and went straight to Joyce.

She quickly hugged her before beginning to go to Natasha, her nose scrunching up as she'd seen the older girl do many times before once she noticed that there were now two of her, and not just one.

"It's a long story," Natasha said, "Come here," She held her arms out, Eleven smiling and accepting her hug. After their little reunion she walked back over to Joyce, who smiled as she put her hands on the side of Eleven's face.

"Can I see him?" She asked, referencing to Will.

They then left, leaving the rest of the group alone. Natasha turned to Emily, who looked like she'd seen a ghost.

"Are you alright?" She asked, causing the other blonde to snap out of whatever trance she was in. 

"Oh, uh, yeah."

She then walked over to Steve, who was looking at Emily with a weird look on his face. "What's wrong with you?"

"I just- there's something off about her," He mumbled, turning his attention to the girl in front of him. "Something weird. I don't really trust her, Nat."

"Why not?" Natasha asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

Steve sighed, putting his hand out to her arm. He gently brought her to the other end of the room, leaning his back against the wall. "She just, she came out of nowhere okay? And I don't know how to explain it- it's like a feeling."