Chapter Nineteen

October, 1984

October, 1984

Hawkins, Indiana

"Sharon!" Natasha yelled, her eyes widening as she saw her usually organized room was now a complete disaster. "What the hell are you doing in here?"

"Nothing!" Sharon replied, and Natasha glanced over to see Beck and another younger girl she didn't recognize. 

"Sharon, do you copy? Did you find some? Over!" The sound of Dustin's voice on the walkie talkie in Beck's hands went off, and the brunette handed it off to the younger girl.

"Beck and Adeya brought two dollars over each, I've got 3.50 so far!" Sharon replied, dumping out Natasha's bank. "Oh, Jackpot!"

"Sharon Marlyn!" Natasha screeched, running over to stop her younger sister from stealing money.

"Sorry, Tash! I need it!" Sharon replied, the three younger girls running out of the bedroom.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Natasha exclaimed, looking around at her now trashed room. She'd made plans to go out for ice cream with Jonathan, and he was going to be here at any given moment but she could not leave her bedroom like this.

Rubbing her forehead in frustration, just as she picked up her now empty bank, the doorbell downstairs rang.

"Natasha, it's for you!" Edward yelled, but Natasha ignored it to try and pick her room up as quickly as possible. "Natasha!"

"Not right now!" She screamed back, her throat becoming hoarse. She let out a frustrated groan, rushing around the room to put everything back up. 

"Damn it Natasha!" She heard Edward yell, before his bedroom door opened then slammed back shut. She ignored it, not wanting him to see the bedroom due to her knowing he was going to blame her for it and not believe that Sharon and her friends raided her room.

Before long, she heard footsteps coming toward her, and Jonathan's voice filled her ears. "Hey what's taking- holy shit." He stopped, looking around the room. "What happened here?"

"I don't know!" Natasha shouted in frustration. "We're never going to get ice cream in time now, because I only had an hour or two and I'm going to spend the entire time cleaning this up."

"So you don't know how this happened?" Jonathan asked, beginning to help clean the mess up. "I wasn't in the mood for ice cream anyway, we'll just hangout here."

"I know it was Sharon, Beck and another little girl. But I don't know why. They stole all of my money though," Natasha explained, beginning to neatly fold her clothes back into her dresser.

"Oh, it's because they're going to the arcade and needed money for the games." Jonathan spoke, putting her books back on the bookshelf, stopping to look at covers every once in a while.