Chapter Fourteen

The group watched as Eleven laid in the pool, a pair of duct taped goggles resting on her face as she floated in the shallow water

The group watched as Eleven laid in the pool, a pair of duct taped goggles resting on her face as she floated in the shallow water. Natasha bit her lip, watching in silence as everyone else did the same, too nervous and focused to even think about trying to lighten the situation.

"Barbara?" Eleven suddenly asked, her voice soft. Nancy perked up, grabbing onto Jonathan's hand for support as she heard her best friends name being called. Before long Eleven started breathing heavily, her body moving lightly as the lights in the school gym began to flicker.

Everyone began to look around, Natasha feeling chills even though she was wearing the usual leather jacket she usually wears. She had a bad feeling, and no matter how hard she tried she couldn't shake it off.

"What's going on?" Beck asked, looking to Sharon who was right next to her.

"I don't know," Mike answered, his eyes still trained on the girl in the pool.

"Is Barb okay?" Nancy asked, beginning to stand up. "Is she okay?"

"Gone, gone," Eleven began to repeat, causing Nancy's jaw to drop, tears welling her eyes. Eleven sobbed as she repeated the words, Natasha putting her hand over her mouth in pure shock.

She hadn't even noticed that Barb had been gone in The Upside Down until recently, although she had noticed the girl wasn't in school lately. This all felt surreal, Natasha couldn't believe what was actually happening in Hawkins.

Joyce grabbed onto Eleven's hand, beginning to coo her to calm her down. Oddly enough it worked, and soon enough Eleven was right back to what she was doing before, floating calmly in the pool to try and figure out where Will is. "Castle Byers," She then said, Joyce's eyes widening as Natasha looked to Jonathan, who looked shocked.

"Will?" Eleven suddenly asked, Joyce gasping as Jonathan's jaw fell. Tears stung at Natasha's eyes, and she sat back on the floor, trying to process all of this. Will is still alive, and Barb is gone. This girl has a connection to what she calls The Upside Down, and all of this stuff has been going on for days now.

The feeling of someone leaning on her arm brought her out of her thoughts, and she looked over to see Sharon now against her, tears silently streaming down her face. She too, was probably shocked at everything going on, but wanted to remain silent about her feelings so she didn't worry anyone.

"You tell him- t-tell him I'm coming, that mom is coming!" Joyce exclaimed, rubbing Eleven's hands with her thumbs.

"Hurry," The sound of Will's voice was heard on the talkie, and everyone perked up at the sound. Beck gasped, her eyes widening as she began to back up. She bumped into Natasha, who gladly took the younger girl into her arms.

"Okay, you tell him- tell him to stay right where he is!" Joyce exclaimed. "We're coming. We're coming okay, honey?"

After a few moments Eleven suddenly shot up, throwing the goggles off of her face. She backed up to the edge of the pool, where Joyce took her into her arms, cooing her to calm her loud sobs.