Chapter Twenty Eight

"I can't believe I'm sitting here, watching sweaty boys fight over a ball for the second day in a row," Natasha complained to herself, scooting herself as far back against the wall as she could

"I can't believe I'm sitting here, watching sweaty boys fight over a ball for the second day in a row," Natasha complained to herself, scooting herself as far back against the wall as she could. It's obvious Steve had really wanted her to come by the way he kept asking and making sure she was sure, so she finally changed her mind and said yes to make him happy.

Billy got the from someone (which isn't surprising) and let out a giant laugh. "All right! All right, all right." He began, which caused Natasha to roll her eyes. Can't he simply just play the game and not have any commentary whatsoever? It's really annoying.

"King Steve. King Steve, everyone!" He motioned toward Steve, who looked very unhappy. The blonde couldn't blame him though, ever since she made the mistake of talking to him at the Halloween bash, Billy thinks she wants to hook up with him which is definitely not the case, and now won't stop trying to get in her pants.

"I like it, playing tough today!" Billy bounced the ball, as Steve waited to take it from him.

"Jesus! Do you ever stop talking man, come on!" Steve suddenly exclaimed, motioning toward the ball. Billy began to laugh, and the boy sighed. "What?"

"You're afraid the coach is going to bench you now that I'm here?" Billy asked, standing up straight as he just bounced the ball. "Huh?" He then suddenly charged at Steve, knocking him over to the ground and Natasha gasped, seeing Steve grab his side in pain.

Billy dunked the ball before going back over to Steve, holding his hand out for him to take. Instead of helping the boy up, however, he just whispered something to set Steve off even more, shoving him back to the ground after to walk away.

This caused Natasha to jump up from her spot on the ground, rushing over to Steve. She bent down next to him, looking down at him for a moment. "I'd ask if you're okay, but that'd be a stupid question to ask," She mumbled, as he began to sit up.

"I'll be okay," He answered anyway, pain coursing through his side. "Just- that was embarrassing was all."

"Don't be. There are always going to be people better than you at basketball, just like there are always going to be people better than me at what I love to do," Natasha explained. "Believe it or not, there's someone out there better at being a douche than Billy."

Steve chuckled at this, looking at the blonde. "How come you're here to be my superhero when you're not in costume?" He joked, and she rolled her eyes as she stood up.

"Okay, well now the moment's ruined, dingus."

"We were having a moment?" Steve asked, as the girl held her hand out to him. He gladly took it, standing up also. "Didn't even notice," He lied, shaking his head with a serious face.

"Okay, whatever." She laughed, but then the coach blew his whistle again.

"Harrington, showers now!" He ordered, and Steve looked at the man before back at the blonde.

"Go shower before you get stinkier than you already are," She told him, and his jaw fell.

"I'm stinky? Well, what if I hugged you right here, right now?" He asked, holding his arms out wide open.

"If you do that I'm never watching these again," She spoke as she backed away from him, holding her finger out. "Go shower, I'll be waiting in the hall."

"Fine, I'm going." He playfully rolled his eyes. "Meet you after." He walked away from her, glancing back at her multiple times as he saw her going to pick up her backpack off of the ground from where she was previously sitting.

He got into the shower and let the water wash his sweat and embarrassment away. Natasha managed to make him feel better about getting his ass whooped in front of her, and she didn't have a hint of judgement on her face as she did so. She looked worried for him, sure, but that was only because she had heard him hit the ground hard and saw the look on his face as he held his side.

The sudden sound of the shower next to him turned on, but Steve didn't bother to look. He didn't really care, he was going to take his time getting clean so he didn't stink anymore, then he was going to meet the Moore girl out in the hallway where she said she'd be waiting.

"Don't sweat it, Harrington." The sound of Billy's voice next to him was heard, and Steve internally groaned. Why can't this kid just leave him alone?

"Today's just not your day, man." Billy continued, but Steve still stayed quiet, not wanting to start anything.

"Yeah. Not your week, actually." The sound of Tommy's voice was heard on the other side of the showers. "You and the princess break up one day and the next she's already running off with the freak's brother." The boy let out a chuckle.

Steve stared at him with annoyance on his face, thinking about what he wanted to say to the kid. He didn't know that Nancy was with Jonathan right now, but it honestly shouldn't surprise him due to the fact she kept running off with him when they were together. He was more of angry at Tommy for the things he was trying to do to Natasha on Halloween, but Tommy thought it was just because his now ex girlfriend was running off with someone else.

"Oh shit, you don't know." The freckled boy smiled at Steve, finding humor in all of this as Steve went back to showering. "Jonathan and the princess skipped yesterday, still haven't shown. But that must just be a coincidence, right?" He laughed, turning his shower off as he walked away.

"Don't take it too hard man," Billy spoke as Steve grabbed his soap, beginning to wash his hair. "A pretty boy like you has got nothing to worry about. Plenty of bitches in the sea-" He then turned, shutting the water off as Steve stopped lathering his hair up. "Am I right? I mean you got one right out there, waiting for you in the hallway."

The boy looked over at him, anger on his face but before he could reply Billy slapped his arm, walking away. "I'll be sure to leave you some, but I'm not so sure about Natasha!"

Steve waited until he was out of the washroom, before angrily slapping his shower back on. Now he wanted to not take his time washing his hair, because he was scared that Billy was going to be out there talking to Natasha by the time he got done.

He still didn't like the idea of Billy and Natasha, and he didn't like how every time he turns around Billy manages to bring the girl up. He knew Natasha wouldn't date the boy, at least that's what he thinks. He hadn't ever thought she'd be interested in anyone, as far as he knew. Well, at least that's what he thought until Halloween night when she admitted she liked him.

As Steve finished washing his hair and turned the shower off, realization hit his features. Of course that's why he wasn't too bummed about him and Nancy, of course that's why he had been spending all that money on her, and talking about her non stop to his little sister whenever they would catch up. Of course that's why he's asked her to come to all of his practices, knowing that he'd end up being embarrassed in front of her, but liking the idea of her being there anyway. Of course that's why he wanted to impress her, and see her all the time.

Because he liked her.

--

Are you guys proud of me? Because I didn't think I'd be able to even get an update until late tonight and BAM it's almost noon and I already got this one done WOOO.

Okay but here's a question for this chapter: What would you like to see happen in this story?

Vote and comment if you liked it!