Chapter Forty

"Holy shit," Steve mumbled as soon as he got in the hole, beginning to look around at what was known as the Upside Down

"Holy shit," Steve mumbled as soon as he got in the hole, beginning to look around at what was known as the Upside Down. He looked over at the blonde who was looking around too, the others piling in one after the other.

As soon as Mike got down he turned his flashlight on, looking at the handwritten map they made before leaving. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's this way!"

"You're pretty sure, or are you certain?" Dustin asked as everyone stepped behind Mike.

"I'm one hundred percent sure! Just follow me and you'll know," Mike replied, glancing back at the curly haired boy.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, hey, hey, hey- I don't think so," Steve said, pushing himself forward. "If any of you little shits die down here, I'm getting the blame. Got it, dipshit?"

"Why don't we stick Natasha in the front?" Alexis asked. "She has superpowers and shit, right?"

"I'll go," The girl quietly said, pushing herself in the front.

"No, Nat." Steve sighed. "I'm going to go."

"I'm not one of those little shits you'll get the blame for if I die, okay? I got this, dipshit." She used the boys words from only moments ago, although her voice was soft as she spoke.

What felt like hours of walking as the group followed the hand drawn map Mike gave to Steve, they barely made small talk as they tried to hurry and find where they were going.

Dustin stopped, glancing up to see something gross-looking moving before it spit something out at him, and he let out a squeal. "Shit!" He fell back, coughing as he began to call for help, Natasha wasting no time in running back to the boy. The other's followed behind, looking to see him quickly running toward them.

He fell just as they approached each other, Natasha and a few of the others calling out his name as it happened. The blonde helped the boy up, pulling him close as her eyes widened at how suddenly something happened.

"What happened?!" Steve exclaimed, as Dustin coughed, pulling away from Natasha to pull his bandana up and spit at the ground.

"It's in my mouth! Some got in my mouth! Shit!" He pulled away from her completely, falling to the ground once again to spit out whatever had gotten into it. He then slowly sat back, completely silent for a second as he looked at the group. "I'm okay." He softly said.

"Are you kidding me?" Alexis asked.

"Seriously?" Max then asked.

"Very funny, man." Steve mumbled, the rest of them beginning to turn away.

"Nice. Very nice," Another mumbled as one of the others then said, "What an idiot."

Natasha stayed, knowing he wasn't just kidding around and that something actually happened, and she held her hand out for him to grab. He obliged, and walked next to her as they followed behind the group.