Chapter Fifty Eight

"Okay, this is what Alexei called 'the hub'

"Okay, this is what Alexei called 'the hub'. Now, the hub takes us to the vault room." Murray explained, pointing to the spots on the paper. 

"Okay, where's the gate?" Hopper asked, looking down at the papers.

"Right here. I don't know the scale on this, but I think it's fairly close to the vault room, maybe fifty feet or so." Murray spoke, his fingers moving along the drawing.

"More like five hundred," Erica spoke, stepping up to the adults. Murray and the others looked up at her, shocked to see her knowing this much. "What, you're just gonna waltz in there like it's commie Disneyland or something?"

Hopper raised his eyebrows, knowing she had a point and Murray just furrowed his as he looked at the girl. "I'm sorry, who are you?"

"Erica Sinclair. Who are you?" She sassed back, looking him up and down. 

"Murray... Bauman." He answered, thrown back by her attitude and intelligence.

She held her hand up, not wanting to take any of his crap. "Listen, Mr. Bunman, I'm not trying to tell you how to do things, but I've been down in that shithole for twenty four hours. And with all due respect, you do what this man tells you-" She looked at everyone else, "You're all gonna die."

"I'm sorry, why is this four year old speaking to me?" Murray asked, annoying by the child.

"Um, I'm ten- you bald bastard!" Erica replied. 

"Erica!" Lucas exclaimed, a confused look sitting on his face.

"Just the facts!" She told in return, turning to her older brother. 

"She's right," Dustin spoke. "You're all gonna die, but you don't have to. Excuse me." He stepped up to the table. "Sorry, may I?"

"Please," Murray replied, and Dustin took the papers and sat down, Erica following suit.

Natasha stood up to go look and help decide on a plan, immediately being stopped by Steve. "You don't need to get in on this, you're in pain." He said.

"I know, but I can handle it. I need to get Sharon and Beck back, Steve. Who knows what Emily's going to do." She quietly said, speaking for the first time in a while.

"Emily?" Ocean asked, "Wait, I thought Emily was kidnapped and Laura was the evil one?"

"So did I, until she told me she wanted to kill me so I couldn't figure out the truth." Natasha rested her arm over her bandaged wounds. "Which, I'm guessing, is that she was the evil one all along, and it was her plan to get inside and get me to trust her before attacking."

"Then what about Laura?" Steve asked.

"I don't know, but we're not going to get to Sharon and Beck until we take care of this thing, so we need to move as quickly as possible and lounging around isn't going to help." Natasha replied, before limping her way over to Dustin and Erica.