Chapter Forty Six

"I'm going on break," Natasha stated, tapping Ocean's shoulder who was busy putting clearance tags on some jeans

"Yeah, yeah. Go see Steve," She shooed the other girl off. Natasha couldn't help the smile that took over her face, walking out of the store and over to Scoops Ahoy, where Steve would be with Robin.

"Natasha, Natasha!" The familiar lisp of Dustin's voice was heard, and she turned to see the boy who'd been gone way too long, just like she had.

"Dustin!" She practically squealed, running up to the boy and engulfing him in a giant hug. "How was camp?!"

"It was great! I got a girlfriend," He showed a giant smile, and her eyes widened. "Seriously? That's- that's great!"

"Yeah, you and Steve dating?" He immediately asked, and her smile fell only slightly.

"Not yet, but he did admit he wants to date me, but we were interrupted by his little sister before we could continue our conversation." She explained, "But I'm not even mad about it. I love his sister."

"You're going to date soon, I can feel it." He replied, as they began to walk towards Scoops. "So, what are you doing here?"

"I work there." She pointed at Old Navy, "With my friend Ocean, whom I met at camp and she ironically lives here too. What about you?"

"Going to see Steve, why else?" He asked. "He works at Scoops, right? At least I think that's what I heard."

"Yeah, he does. That's where I'm going too because I'm actually on break." Natasha explained.

"You look different," Dustin suddenly stated as they stopped in front of the ice cream shop. "But I can't put my finger on it what it is."

"I'm not wearing a jacket, if that counts." She shrugged.

"No no, it's up here," He spoke as he pointed to her head. "You're wearing your hair up!" He realized.

"Oh, yeah. It's not that different," She said.

"But it is," He said. "You literally have worn your hair up maybe once around me. Actually, never."

"Oh well, it's something new. I like it." She replied.

"So do I, shows your face." He spoke, before walking into the parlor.

She began to follow him, when Jaylen Harrington stopped her from going further. "Natasha!"

"Oh, hey Jayla. What's up?" She asked, smiling at the girl. The two started conversation, as Dustin walked up to Robin who just handed out two ice cream cones.

"Hi," He spoke with the biggest smile on his face.

"Hi," Robin replied.

"I'm Dustin," The boy said, motioning to himself when he said his own name.