Chapter Thirty Four

"So- so they're not your real parents?" Steve asked, looking at the girl in shock

"No,"

"And- and Sharon and Edward?" He asked.

"They're their real kids, I'm not." Natasha quietly replied. "I'm sorry if that scares you off, or makes you not want to be around me, or- or I don't know-"

"Nat, Nat." Steve cut the girl off, pulling her into his arms. "It doesn't. Look, I know that just saying this was really hard for you. We'll finish talking about it later, okay? Just please don't leave me like that again."

"I won't, I promise." She spoke, her voice muffled from it being in his chest.

"Good, because Dustin was blaming me for losing you." He pulled away, the two beginning to walk again to catch up with the rest of the group.

"Well, it's Dustin. What do you expect?" She asked with a light chuckle. Steve's hand found hers and he laced their fingers together, pulling her close.

"Did you ever think we'd be in this situation right now?" He suddenly asked.

"Before or after what happened last year?" She asked, glancing at him.

"Mmm... Before." He looked to her.

"No. After? Probably." She shrugged.

They finally caught up to the others and found their way in the front next to Emily, the others looking at their hands and wondering what went on in the back. Nobody questioned it, though, not wanting to talk about that with what was going on at the moment.

The group heard yelling and as they exited the woods, Steve, Natasha and Emily were face to face with Nancy and Jonathan.

"Steve?" Both teens asked at the same time, Jonathan's eyes shooting to the extra blonde while Nancy's went down to their hands.

Expecting Steve to let go, Natasha nervously glanced at Steve who - instead - gripped her hand tighter in his.

"Is it just me or are there two of Tasha?" Jonathan asked, pointing to the extra girl.

"Is that Steve's jacket?" Nancy then asked, narrowing her eyes at the blonde.

"What are you doing here?" Natasha asked.

"What are you doing here?" Jonathan replied, as they started to walk toward each other.

"We're looking for Mike, Will, Sharon and Beck," Nancy replied as they stopped in front of each other. Natasha let out a breath, glancing at her twin.

"They're not in there, are they?" Dustin asked, pointing to the lab.

"We're not sure," Jonathan replied. "Tash, what-"

"Yes, I know. A twin. Surprise everyone, I have a twin!" Natasha sarcastically spoke, annoyed. "We'll get to that later."

"Okay, why is it bad that they'd be in the lab?" Nancy then changed the subject, and as if on cue the sound of screeching was heard from inside the lab.