Chapter Thirty Six

Steve awkwardly stood next to Nancy, setting the Byers' shed up for Will who they were planning on interrogating once woken up

Steve awkwardly stood next to Nancy, setting the Byers' shed up for Will who they were planning on interrogating once woken up. Much to his dismay he was put working with her instead of Natasha, who was just simply put in charge of watching over Will for the time being.

"Hey," The girl said, catching his attention. He looked over at her, his eyebrows furrowed. "What you did... Um, helping the kids- that was, that was pretty cool."

"Yeah," He just said, turning his attention back to what he'd been working on before. "Those little shits are real trouble, you know?"

"Believe me, I know." The girl smiled, getting back to work.

"But I mean, it didn't really get bad till Dustin accused me of being the reason we lost Nat in the woods-"

"You lost Natasha in the woods?" Nancy asked, cutting the boy off.

"Yeah, well, Dustin and I were kind of talking and she was behind us then- then she just wasn't. But she then saved our asses later on so I guess, all is good." He shrugged.

"So.." She stopped, looking to him. "You and Natasha?"

"What?" He looked at her, "No, she- we're not-"

"You guys were holding hands, Steve." She playfully rolled her eyes. "Look, I get it. You think I'm going to be upset and not going to lie - it made me sad when I first saw it, but I think it's cute."

He just looked her way, watching as she turned and finished getting the shed ready. It wasn't long until they finished getting everything ready, and everyone except for Joyce, Hopper, Jonathan and Mike waited inside the house for them to finish talking to Will.

Emily and Natasha sat in the living room, watching as Steve swung his bat back and forth. The long haired girl looked over at the other, running her fingers over the scar on her hand as she studied the girl. "So, how did you get away from Laura?"

"When I saw her murdering my parents, I got mad-" The other girl looked over to her. "We fought back and forth, but she'd had this huge knife, got me where you saw. But I managed to knock her out and run away, and laid low for a while."

"How did you know about me? Cause I didn't remember you, and-"

"Well, when we were adopted they erased that part of our memory. But when Laura tried to get me to come with her, she showed me." Emily turned to Natasha. "She showed me what happened, and all of my memories came back. So I figured out how to find you, as I knew she was wanting to come to you after getting me."

Before Natasha could ask anymore questions the lights in the house began to flicker on and off quickly, causing everyone to jump up. After a while they stopped, and it was quiet. Nothing was going on, so they slowly went back to patiently waiting.

Natasha didn't bother bringing the subject of Laura up, her heart racing from hoping the thing inside of Will doesn't find out where he is. Of course she was scared that this was all going to go to shit and she was going to die, but every time she'd glance at Steve who was mindlessly swinging his bat as if to practice how to hit it, or walking over and sitting down on the floor next to her or just doing something to get his mind off of what was going on - she realized she needed to be strong. She told him that they were going to survive this, so she needed to keep her word on that.