Chapter Fifty Two

"Maybe you guys should step back," Steve spoke as the others listened, all except for Dustin

Ocean found herself hiding behind Robin, who didn't seem to mind at all but grabbed her hand in hers, locking their fingers together as Erica stood by herself, clearly not scared of what might happen.

 "No," Dustin said.

"Just... Just step back, okay?" Steve asked, trying to push him away.

"No." The boy said again, shaking his head.

"Step back, seriously!"

"No! No!" Dustin exclaimed, continuing to go against Steve's wishes. "If you die, I die."

Steve just looked at him, debating on whether or not to continue arguing with the boy. After deciding he wouldn't get anywhere with him, he just looked away. "Okay," He said, throwing his hand up into the air slightly.

He turned one of the handles, beginning to pull it out as even more smoke escaped from the box. Pulling it out, they looked at it to see a bright green liquid inside of the tube, something none of them had ever seen before.

"What the hell?" Steve asked.

"What is that?" Robin and Ocean asked at the same time. They looked at each other and realized they were still holding hands and quickly let go, both of their faces going red as they put their focus back on whatever was in Steve's hand.

The room suddenly began to shake, and everyone looked around as fear filled their bodies. "Was that just me, or did the room move?" Dustin asked.

"Booby traps," Erica whispered, as the sound of whirring began to echo throughout the tiny room.

"You know what?" Robin suddenly asked, reaching forward and snatching the tube out of Steve's hand. "Let's just grab that and go."

Dustin began to press the door open button, but nothing happened which began to send panic throughout his body. "Which one do I press, Erica?"

"Just press the damn button, nerd." She replied, not helping the situation at all.

"Which one? I'm pressing the button, okay?" 

"Press 'open door!'" Erica yelled, to which Dustin replied in the same tone.

"I'm pressing 'open door!'"

"Just open the- press the other button!" Steve cut in, walking over to begin trying to open it himself.

"Natasha!" Ocean yelled, running up to the doors as she began to slam her fists on it. "Tash!"

The blonde out side of the room heard the commotion and quickly turned, pressing her ear to hear what was going on. The two boys continued to argue and Robin got into it, telling them to let Erica do it as Ocean tried to explain what was going on to Natasha on the outside.