Chapter Seven

The bell rang indicating that school was let out, and Natasha stumbled out of the double doors, seeing Jonathan heading towards his car, looking at his feet

The bell rang indicating that school was let out, and Natasha stumbled out of the double doors, seeing Jonathan heading towards his car, looking at his feet. She desperately wanted to talk to him, and she was a littler harsh towards Nancy Wheeler, but that girl has never shown any ounce of attention towards the boy and she just didn't want her best friend getting hurt or played.

As she headed toward the parking lot, her and Jonathan noticed a group of people standing at Jonathan's car, sitting on the back was Steve Harrington, waiting for the boy to show up. Knowing that nothing good could come out of this, Natasha began to speed walk toward the group.

"Hey man!" Steve greeted, as if they'd been friends for a while. Jonathan looked confused, stopping to reply.

"What's going on?" He asked, before recognizing the girl with fiery red hair, standing between Carol and Steve.

"Nicole here was uh- just telling us about your work," Steve started, motioning to the girl. 

"We've heard great things!" Carol said.

"Yeah, sounds cool." Tommy added in.

Natasha stopped, waiting for the trail of cars to pass by so she could get to Jonathan to make sure Steve didn't do anything stupid. But of course, car after car came through, not giving her the chance to quickly run across the street.

"And we'd just love to take a look, you know, as... connoisseurs of art," Steve finished, looking Jonathan over.

Jonathan let out a sigh, beginning to leave. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh no?" Steve asked, and just as Jonathan passed to get to the drivers seat of his car Tommy got ahold of his backpack, snatching it right out of his hands.

"Please give me my bag," Jonathan said nicely. As Jonathan reached out to grab it, Tommy tossed it to Steve. Natasha rolled her eyes, bouncing up and down on her feet as she watched the incident go down. She was still stuck where she was, before deciding she's going to have to walk down to the end of the street and come the long way.

"Man- he is like totally trembling, he must have something to hide." Steve spoke, finding humor in the whole thing. He turned, setting Jonathan's backpack on the back of his car, beginning to go through his belongings. "Ah, here we go!" He exclaimed as he found the stack of printed photos, turning and leaning his back against the car.

"Oh, man," Steve spoke as he began to go through the pile, seeing photos of their little get together at his house the night before.

"Let me see!" Tommy yelled, pushing himself in close to look over Steve to look at the photo. "Dude!" He looked at Jonathan, Carol walking over and looking at one of the photos as Nicole looked away in disgust.

"Yeah, this isn't creepy at all," Carol glared at Jonathan.

"I was just looking for my brother," Jonathan quietly said. It was true, even if it didn't seem like it.