Chapter Nine

Natasha smiled the tiniest smile when she saw Steve Harrington switching his textbooks out of his locker, and looked around to make sure that Tommy and Carol weren't around before walking up to him

Natasha smiled the tiniest smile when she saw Steve Harrington switching his textbooks out of his locker, and looked around to make sure that Tommy and Carol weren't around before walking up to him. He shut his locker and turned, jumping to see the blonde standing there.

"Nat, hey," He said, his voice soft.

She took in a sharp breath, looking down for a few moments before back up at him. "Hey, I just- wanted to say I'm sorry for yesterday," She mumbled.

Steve looked at her, putting his books in one arm before lifting the other up to examine her cheek. She winced from the sudden contact, pulling herself away from him. "I'm um, I'm sorry for how I've been acting lately. It's unfair, and you've only been trying to be my friend."

"I never thought I'd hear you apologize," He admitted.

"I'm, um- I'm just trying to be a good person." Natasha shrugged, shoving her hands into her leather jacket pockets. "And treating you poorly because you treat Jonathan poorly is no excuse. Besides you sneaking up to my bedroom without permission you've done absolutely nothing to me personally, I've just been too busy trying to protect Jonathan I didn't see I was doing the same thing."

"So you want to be friends, is what you're saying?" Steve asked, a tiny smirk on his face.

"That's a little too much, Harrington." Natasha rolled her eyes, "I just, I don't want to be all bitter anymore. And I wanted you to know that I was sorry."

"So, we're friends." He stated.

"No, you ass!" Natasha exclaimed.

"What happened to being a good person?" He questioned, a tiny pout on his face.

"I just- I think acquaintances would be a better fit for the name. I'll see you later, okay?" The girl looked at him.

"Why don't we just walk to class together?" He asked, pointing in the direction behind him. "We're both going there anyway."

Natasha glanced around, seeing people look at her talking to Steve. "I don't know," She mumbled, and Steve then caught on to what she was looking at.

"Don't worry about them, okay? Let's just go."

The rest of the day was pretty boring for Natasha, as she'd just went to classes and went straight home afterwards. She managed to avoid both her parents and Edward, and talked to Sharon a little bit to see how she was feeling with the funeral being the next day.

She felt so out of the loop with everything. She had no idea how the morgue went, and she'd yet to talk to Jonathan. She was riding with her mom and dad to the funeral while Sharon rode with Jade and Edward, not knowing who was all going or not. The idea of going to the young boys funeral made her cry in her room for a good twenty minutes before they even left, seeing as she knew Will pretty well. The two kids she saw the most were Sharon and Will, and she got to know him quite a bit before he disappeared. He was a nice kid, although it was sad that everyone could tell he got made fun of.