Chapter Eight

"Where's Sharon?" Natasha asked as Edward put a plate of food in front of her

"AV Club meeting." He shrugged.

"This late?" She asked, looking at her watch. "You really believe that?"

"She wouldn't lie," Edward said as he sat down, beginning to dig into his food.

"And neither would I," Natasha spoke, looking up from her plate and at Edward.

"Are we back on this, again?" The boy asked, slamming his fork on the table.

"Yes," Natasha simply answered. "I think it's completely and utterly unfair you went and told dad that I blew up on you, when we all know I didn't."

"You don't understand, and telling him you did that was the only way to get you to understand!" Edward yelled.

Natasha stood up, before running a hand through her hair. "You don't understand Edward. You treat me like I'm different, you show you don't trust me, and then when I try to say something about you do anything in your favor to either get me in trouble or say I'm looking for attention. I'm not looking for attention, okay? I don't care about stupid attention." 

She began to walk toward the door, but Edward stood up and stopped her. "Where are you going?"

"My best friend is in the middle of looking for his little brother. I'm helping him," She said firmly.

"No, you're not." He shook his head.

"Yes, I am. This is important to me, and it's unfair that Sharon's out there doing God knows what while you treat me like a two year old." The blonde narrowed her eyes at the man in front of her.

"You're not going anywhere, Natasha and that's final." He gently pushed her back.

"Don't touch me," She spat, trying to to push past him again.

"Then stop trying to disobey me, Natasha! I'm in charge here, not you!" Edward exclaimed.

She just stared at him with pursed lips, shaking her head. "I'm not listening to you anymore. They can ground me all they want. It's not fair, and you're not as cool as you think you are-" Natasha was cut off by a hand colliding with her cheek, and she stared at her brother with wide eyes.

He looked just as surprised as her, and tears clouded her vision as he cleared his throat. "Go ahead and go, I'll clean up dinner." He awkwardly spoke, and he wasted no time in opening her front door, running out into the darkness.

She ran as fast as she could, but before long her emotions got the best of her and she stopped, letting out a sob. Her cheek stung, and she didn't know what to do. She didn't really plan on going to Jonathan's, as he's mad at her, but she planned on just spending some time to herself but now she didn't plan on going back to her house, at least not for tonight.