Chapter Forty Five

"I can't believe you're going over to officially meet his family and you're not even dating yet," Sharon spoke as Natasha looked at herself in the mirror

"I can't believe you're going over to officially meet his family and you're not even dating yet," Sharon spoke as Natasha looked at herself in the mirror. She smoothed down her dress, before shaking her head as she mumbled incoherent things to herself. "I'm telling you, Natasha. That boy is weird."

She stripped off her leather jacket and dress, walking over to her dresser to get something more casual to wear. "Look, he wants me too meet his family because he's already met all of you," Natasha explained.

"Even mom and dad?" Sharon asked with an eyebrow raised, watching as the blonde pulled a t-shirt out and looked at it.

"Well, no, not exactly. But I didn't ask if he wanted to meet Edward either, and he just happened to know you and Emily. So that's different. Do you think they'll notice that this is his shirt?" She held the shirt up to the three girls in the bedroom.

"Unless they've seen him wear it before, no." Emily answered.

"Okay, but how about instead of wearing his clothes, you wear exactly what you had on before?" Ocean asked, looking up from her nail file at the girl. "If it's nothing big why are you freaking out about it?"

"I..." Natasha stopped, holding a finger up to the three girls. "Am not freaking out about it. I am fine, perfectly fine. I just don't want to seem emo, or weird, or I don't know, make them not like me."

"You weren't like this with my parents," Sharon said.

"Or mine," Ocean added in.

"It's because it's Steve, that's why," Emily mumbled. "If you're not dating, why do you care what they think of you?"

"Because, I don't know." Natasha shrugged, finally going back to the dress she'd been wearing before. She slipped it on, Sharon and Ocean sharing a look.

"Is... is there something going on between you two?" Emily asked, causing Natasha's eyes to snap to hers. She immediately then looked to Ocean, who furrowed her eyebrows.

"What, you didn't know?"

"Know what?" Sharon asked. Ocean looked to Natasha, whose eyes were wide as she shook her head quickly, causing her eyes to widen as she cleared her throat.

"Oh, that- that Steve and Natasha are best friends, is all." The long haired girl said, her face turning red as she looked down at her lap.

"Well we all know that, but we all also know they both like each other and need to date already." Sharon seemed to believe the lie. Emily stared at the other girl a little bit longer, Ocean glancing up to see the short haired girl staring at her with slightly narrowed eyes.

Her eyes lit up a blue, and a smirk came over her face as she then turned to Natasha. "You're not just friends. You guys kissed."

"You what?!" Sharon exclaimed, turning to Natasha.