Chapter Six

The sound of Joyce's voice woke Jonathan up

The sound of Joyce's voice woke Jonathan up. He glanced over at the blonde sleeping next to him in his bed, before hearing Will's name being called. Grabbing a shirt he jumped out of bed, being careful not to wake Natasha as he walked out and toward his little brother's room where Joyce was heard.

He walked in to see Joyce rocking back at forth at the end of Will's bed, a bunch of lamps surrounding her as she asked him to say something- anything. "Mom?" He asked.

"Jonathan!" She exclaimed. "Come here, come here!"

"Mom, what is this?" Jonathan asked. He had no idea why Natasha was sleeping in his bed last night when he got home, and instead of waking her up and questioning it he just laid down beside her and went to sleep. She was obviously exhausted, considering she was sleeping like a baby and nothing Jonathan did seemed to wake her up.

"Come here!" She ordered, and he slowly walked over to her. She pulled his arm once he was in grabbing distance and sat him down next to her, while he looked at her with a puzzled look on his face.

"What's going on?"

"It's Will," She answered. "It's Will, he's- he's trying to talk to me."

"He's trying to talk to you?" Jonathan asked, as Joyce glanced around the room with staggered breaths.

"Yeah, through- through the lights," She pointed to them, and Jonathan shook his head.

"Mom-"

"I know! I know, it's crazy, it sounds crazy." She cut her son off, "But just watch. Please."

It was silent for a moment, and Jonathan looked around the room at the lamps. "Will, your brother's here. Can you showed him what you showed me baby?" Just as she was about to say something else, a lamp lit for just a split second. Joyce gasped, jumping up in her seat. "Did- did you see that?"

"It's the electricity, mom!" Jonathan exclaimed, "It's just acting up, it's the same thing that fried the phone!"

"No, it is not the electricity Jonathan! Something is going on here!" Joyce yelled through sobs. The yelling back and forth woke up Natasha, who rubbed her eyes and looked around Jonathan's room.

Just seeing the boys things reminded her of the fight she got into with him the day before, but Joyce insisted on her staying the night. She barely managed to leave her house to go talk to her brother, who only said yes due to Joyce asking herself, saying she 'needed all the comfort she could get'.

"Yesterday, the wall-"

"What? What wall- what about the wall?" Jonathan asked, cutting his mom off. Natasha realized what they were talking about and fell back on the boys bed, pulling the covers up to her chin. She didn't want to talk about what she'd witnessed, not yet anyway.

"I don't know," Joyce spoke.

"First the lights and now the wall?" Jonathan asked, not letting his mother explain what she'd seen.