Chapter Forty Three

Dustin sat his bag down before sitting down himself, putting his head in his hand

Dustin sat his bag down before sitting down himself, putting his head in his hand. He'd been upset because the moment he got in range he wanted to talk to his friends but none of them answered, no matter how many times he tried to contact them.

He looked over, his hand dropping as he saw his turtle up against the glass of his tank, almost as if he were happy Dustin was home. He then let out a chuckle, "At least someone's happy I'm home."

The sound of one of his robot toys going off caught his attention, and his head snapped over to see two robots coming from around the corner out of nowhere. Then the monkey on his desk with the cymbals started to go off, and Dustin began to look around frantically wondering what it could be that's causing it to do that. He stood up to see more toys coming toward him, one of them even tossing tiny ball like things at him.

Noticing that instead of stopping in front of him, all of the toys that were moving on the ground left his bedroom and went to another room. Dustin grabbed the Farrah Fawcett spray on his other desk as protection before slowly exiting the room to figure out where they were going.

"It's just a dream," The boy mumbled as he continued to follow the toys out into the other room, trying to convince himself over and over that it was a dream, and none of this was real. "You're dreaming." 

They led him to the living room before abruptly stopping, and the boy ran up to them and picked one up to see why they suddenly stopped. The sudden sound of party horns echoed throughout the house, and Dustin quickly stood up with a scream, turning and spraying the first person he could as he didn't realize that it was just his friends.

Lucas screamed too, as he was the one that unluckily got sprayed in the face with hairspray. Everyone else backed away, grabbing onto each other as the two had a screaming match, Dustin realizing that was still spraying his friend and stopping.

"Come on, let's go wash this off." Max laughed as she grabbed onto the boys arm, pulling him away from the group.

"So how was summer camp?" Adeya asked, trying her hardest not to engulf Dustin in the biggest hug possible. She missed him so much, yet wouldn't make it obvious because it wouldn't only be embarrassing if Dustin felt awkward, but if he felt that way in front of all of their friends.

"Great! You guys want to see the things I built?" Dustin asked excitedly, looking between the kids minus Max and Lucas, who were still in the kitchen cleaning his eyes out.

"Uh, sure." Mike spoke, looking between the others. Eleven wrapped her arm with his, the action not going unnoticed by both Sharon and Alexis. Alexis, being herself, couldn't hide her emotions and let out a tiny scoff whereas Sharon seemed to be professional at doing so, just looking to the happy curly haired boy standing in front of them.

"As long as it doesn't take too long. Natasha gets back today too, and we're surprising her also." She explained, following Dustin into his bedroom. The others followed behind her and he picked up the first thing, twisting it.