Chapter Thirty Nine

Natasha leaned against the bathroom sink, grabbing the extra toothbrush she kept at Jonathan's house

Natasha leaned against the bathroom sink, grabbing the extra toothbrush she kept at Jonathan's house. Slowly brushing her teeth, she looked at herself in the mirror. No wonder Steve didn't like her like she'd thought, look at her. She was a monster and a mess mixed, which was never good. The girl knew as soon as she'd tell him about what she could do it would change things, but she still hoped for the best and did it anyway.

She finished brushing, cringing at the blood that had been leftover in her mouth from throwing up. For some reason all that came out was blood which concerned her, but she just pushed it to the side as she washed the toothbrush off and put it away.

Wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, she took a glance at herself one last time before letting out a choked sob, her body beginning to shake. Her cry session didn't last long, however, when there was a knock at the door.

"Tasha?" The sound of Lucas' voice was heard, and she took in a sharp breath as she began to scramble around the bathroom. She grabbed a towel and began to wipe her face, only causing it to get redder instead of make her look like she hadn't been crying.

The boy slowly opened the door to see her in this state, and his heart broke at the sight. "We're uh- we're getting ready to leave. They're packing Steve in the car now." He spoke, watching as she ran the corner of the towel under the tap. She pressed the towel to her face, looking at him.

"Go without me."

"What? Why?" He asked, "We need you, Natasha."

"Did you see what I did to Billy out there?" She asked, removing the towel and setting it on the sink. She sighed and sat on the side of the tub, putting her face in her hands. "That was dangerous. I can't do that again, and you guys have Steve. You're fine."

"You're not going to do it again, Tash. Are you- are you scared you're going to hurt one of us?" Lucas asked, walking further into the bathroom. He sat on the ledge next to her, watching as tears began to fill her eyes again.

"Yes. That- that wasn't me out there and I shouldn't have been able to do something like that I was just- scared that he was going to do a lot of damage to Steve. Seeing someone hurt him made me angry." She sighed, running her fingers through her hair. "Like what if he had been fatally injured by Billy? The last thing I said to him was something snarky because I was jealous and now you guys all see me as some type of monster."

"Jealous of what?" Lucas asked. "And we don't see you as a monster, Tash."

"I saw the way you guys look at me, when I did that. And just- Steve almost kissed me earlier, and then I saw him with Nancy, and-"

"So you think that there's still something going on between them? Because that's not true, Tash. I see the way Steve looks at you, and talks about you. He'd be stupid to get something so good going then ruin it." Lucas shook his head. "But I'm a kid, what do I know? Besides, the important thing I need to say here is that we don't see you as a monster. All of us were shocked, even though we saw you and Emily together with the demodogs we never knew you were that strong."