Chapter Twenty Nine

"Why did I have to come with you?" Natasha asked, running her thumb over the scar on her hand

"Why did I have to come with you?" Natasha asked, running her thumb over the scar on her hand. She hated it, but it was when she was helping defeat the Demogorgon a year ago. She technically saved the world, which kind of makes her feel better but at the same time it's really ugly and she wished it would've healed to the point to where it wasn't there at all.

"Because in case this backfires, you'll be here to make me feel better." Steve muttered. He wasn't very happy with this, but it was going to happen.

"So I'm here for a rebound?" Natasha quietly asked, looking over at him as he parked in front of the Wheeler house.

"This was your idea, Moore. You wanted me to be a gentleman and that's the only reason I'm doing it." He parked the car, before getting out. Natasha just stayed where she was.

Steve was right, Natasha had felt so bad about what happened in the locker room (after Steve told her) and convinced him to buy her flowers and act like a gentleman and apologize, even though he technically did nothing wrong besides calling Nancy bullshit.

Of course the boy didn't want to, but she wouldn't shut up about it for who knows how long, and he knew that it was unlikely to get back together with Nancy anyway. He knew he liked Natasha now, but at the same time he was still getting over Nancy. If he'd gone after Natasha only a day after breaking up with the brunette, Natasha wouldn't take it serious and he knew that. He knew that she'd think he needs time, because obviously she still thinks he's in love with her by the way she's making him do something like that.

Steve began to walk toward the door, running his fingers through his hair. "Listen, I've been thinking. I love you, and I'm sorry." He spoke to himself, looking at the ground as he walked. "This is bullshit, I don't think I can do this," He then mumbled. "What the hell am I sorry for?"

"Steve," Dustin Henderson said, walking towards the teen. "Are those for Mr. or Mrs. Wheeler?" He asked, and Steve furrowed his eyebrows as he looked down at the roses in his hand.

"Good," Dustin said, snatching the flowers from him and beginning to walk to the boys car.

"Hey, what the hell? Hey!" Steve went after Dustin, catching the blonde in the cars attention. She rolled the window down.

"Dustin? What's going on?"

"Nancy isn't home," Dustin said, opening the door to the backseat.

"Where is she?" Steve asked, stopping where he was.

"Doesn't matter. We have more important problems than your love life." Dustin looked back at the brown haired boy, causing a light snort to come from Natasha.

Steve looked to her, and she waved a hand at him. "I'm sorry, but it was funny."

"Do you still have that bat?" Dustin asked.

"Bat? What bat?" Steve questioned.

"The one with the nails." Dustin made a face, waving the flowers around in his hand. He looked at them, before walking around the open car door to Natasha's window. "Here, got you something."