Chapter Seventeen

It had been one whole month since what happened

It had been one whole month since what happened. One months since Eleven sacrificed herself to save the kids, and since Steve, Nancy, Jonathan and Natasha fought the monster at the Byers' household. And it was also one month since Joyce and Hopper found Will, proving that he was definitely alive, and not dead.

Natasha's realization that night at the hospital was right - she'd yet to hangout with Steve since then. It wasn't as bad as she thought that it was going to be, they still said hi or waved, or smiled at each other in the hallways at school or whenever they saw each other. It wasn't what either of them wanted, but it was what they got.

The good thing, is that her and Jonathan made up. They'd talked for a good hour and a half a week or so after everything happened, and he apologized. She said sorry too, for being so moody and sending him mixed signals all the time. They went right back to the way they were before, even though things definitely weren't the same.

"So Beck's coming to your house with you?" Jonathan asked, glancing over at his best friend. She shrugged, tapping her finger on her knee along to the music playing from the stereo.

"I guess so. Her and Sharon got super close since everything, so I guess she's staying the night." She replied, looking out of the window as they approached the Wheeler's residence.

"Want me to stay too? I can drop Will off and come over," Jonathan offered, a worried expression on his face as he looked at his best friend every once in a while.

"I'll be okay. Beck's not that bad. She has her moments, but so does everyone else. I'll just be in my room anyway," She replied.

"Well if you change your mind, just let me know." Jonathan looked away, parking in front of the decorated house.

They got inside and went straight downstairs to where the kids were, Natasha following behind Jonathan.

"Geez, what's that smell?" Jonathan asked, interrupting Mike. "You guys been playing games all day, or just farting?"

"It was the boys!" Sharon immediately pointed, Beck nodding as she agreed.

"No, it was just Dustin," Lucas laughed, the curly haired boy laughing along with him. "Dustin farted!" He then exclaimed, causing Dustin's smiled to fade as the other boy picked on him.

"Okay, very mature Lucas." Dustin muttered as the other boy continued repeating the same phrase, clearly unamused.

"Will, come on," Jonathan breathed out, Natasha waving for the two girls in the basement to follow too. The three kids got up, following the two teens up the stairs. "So you have fun?" He asked, and they all agreed, replying to the teenage boy.

"Hey boys, girls!" Karen greeted as she was topping a cake, stopping the group. "Wish your mom a Merry Christmas for me, and your parents too, as well!"

"Of course," Natasha said, nodding.

"Thank you, uh, Merry Christmas," Jonathan replied, as they began to walk past the staircase through the front door.