Chapter 26

Chapter Twenty Six

Kiara's P.O.V

My cheeks flamed as I felt Tate's breath caress my collarbones.

I involuntarily shivered as goose bumps rose all over my body. He chuckled faintly, bringing me back to the moment, I turned to face him and he met my eyes, giving me a half smile.

I berated myself, he's your best friends brother.  

That's like the number one girl code rule, it's just no.

Although I was lost in my own madness I would call my thoughts. I dimly noticed I was still gazing into Tate's eyes, it wasn't that I was transfixed. It wasn't that his eyes were warm, and it definitely wasn’t that they looked inviting, making me want to grab his face and lock my li- What?

I shook my head, as if to blank out my mind when I noticed Tate was no longer looking at me, but staring at the sofa across us with what could only be amusement etched onto his face. His arm pulled me closer to him and I shuddered, this is so wrong but just so... wrong.

I mirrored Perrie, staring down at my plate.

I poked the pancake with my fork and cringed, it was cold.

I felt my cheeks grow warm again as he rested his palm against mine lightly, his fingers weaving between my own. I couldn't help but think about this morning, about how we slept. I stared idly down at his fingers and wondered why I didn't mind them being there, then I remembered.

'Go along with me'

Right, this was just role play.

Wait, why are we-?

Louis's P.O.V

 I rolled my eyes at Harry's defense about Bambi.

I let him argue further with Eleanor and I boredly transfixed my gaze onto the television screen, chewing absentmindedly. It was hard keeping myself entertained when the tension between the two boys infront of me couldn't be cut through with a machete. I chewed slowly, surveying them.

Tate had Kiara wrapped around his finger, she was staring into his eyes and he was smirking deviously. How easy it must be for a boy that looks like an Abecrombie and Fitch model to get a girl, I wondered thoughtfully as I took a sip of my orange juice. Zayn was staring at him, well more like glaring- his deep brown eyes unfathomable.

I frowned, trying to figure out why Zayn was looking so irritated when I remembered about his confession to me that he may or may not have feelings for this girl. I inwardly snorted, bringing my gaze to her again. 

She was no longer swimming in his eyes like a cliché on wheelsbut now seemed to be staring at him questioningly. He was oblivious, too busy grinning at Zayn.

I chuckled lowly, thinking that if I had popcorn that this would be way more entertaining. Harry nudged me and I squirmed beside him, my eyes darting to the television as I shushed him. He mumbled something under his breath as his hand sneaked over to my plate, snagging my bacon as he giggled childishly- shoving them into his mouth as if he expected me to stop him.

I rolled my eyes, that split second lost had me miss what happened- but suddenly Zayn was standing, staring down at Tate threateningly while Tate’s smirk simply grew wider, almost as if he found it amusing. "Something wrong baba?" Tate asked brightly, as he stood up slowly.

I watched with a slight frown as he gently let Kiara, who was still staring up at him in confusion go as he towered over Zayn by mere inches. Zayn didn’t answer him, his fingers were clenched tightly, his knuckles going white from the strain as his gaze flickered over to Perrie. She seemed invested in her food, unaware.

Tate wagged his pointer finger, “Not in front of the ladies, baba”