Chapter 47

Chapter Forty Seven.

Louis' P.O.V

I gripped the tea cup tighter in my hand as I smirked over at Harry.

It was mid-day already but I was the only one in the kitchen so far. Liam was skyping with Danielle, Zayn was still sleeping, Niall was having a shower and from the looks of it Harry just came out of one. He levelly met my gaze then his eyes dragged over to the coffee pot, where he ambled towards  like a old man with a stiff back and filled up a cup.

"Alright there Haz?" I asked brightly, grinning.

He turned around and leant against the counter top, blowing at his steaming cup of coffee as he stood observing me with a curious air, "M'fine" he grumbled.

"Had a good sleep I imagine?" I pressed, finishing my toast with a florish.

He eyed me while I chewed obnoxiously and sighed, "Yes Lou, thanks to you"

I grinned, "Good times, good times"

Last night Zayn, Liam and I kept Harry up nearly till three in the morning and still after Liam left, Zayn and I continued on quite bubbly until about four. Let's just say he wasn't very pleased, so his sarcasm was not unnoticed by me.

"Why are you so happy?" he muttered lowly, shuffling around again to find the sugar.

I shrugged, blinking three times quickly and taking a second to revaluate my surroundings with wide eyes, "I haven't slept yet" I answered simply.

I bobbled in my seat as he turned around and faced me again looking surprised as he stared me up and down, "What? How come?"

I nodded slowly and drowsily, feeling a bit out of it. 

"Yep" I said, noticing how it sounded louder than it should have, cleared my throat and continued, "-after you fell asleep Zayn and I watched telly for about another hour and he fell asleep on the sofa like in the middle of our bro thing we had going on and I tried to pick him up but he was like all corpse like right? So after he fell on the floor from me trying to move a dead weight  like a good lad and woke up himself telling me to piss off made me bored so I skyped Eleanor right? And thank God for the time difference right? So she picked up and we talked for ages till she had to get some sleep right? And it was really nice talkng to her because I really miss her you know? So then I watched another movie and had a shower but the water was still cold since it was still so early right? So I came out and made a tea and then a coffee and then a tea and then I think another tea but then here we are" I finished, breathing out loudly.

Harry stared at me for a second and nodded, "Uhuh"

I grinned, draining my cup and standing up after swaying a bit.

"What'd El have to say?" he asked, his eyes gleaming as he watched me.

I pouted, trying to remember.

I should have realised I was rambling, but I was so, so, tired.

" Uh well basically, I called her up and at first she was surprised right? But then I explained what I was doing that leaded up to me being awake at like five in the morning and she was all like, 'Okay babe so what's bothering you?' and I was like 'Pff what you mean can't I miss you?' because I did but then she went and laughed, you know how she laughs right? It's all cute like? Anyways, yeah so she told me I must be needing to talk after what happened between us two right?"

I didn't pause, but I noticed how he was staring at me like he knew something I didn't.

"-Because obviously I told her what you said, and she's not very happy with you Hazza but she understands that you were going through something on your own because of what I told Niall and hey I said I'm sorry about what I said right?" He twitched and I frowned, "No? Oh okay well I'm sorry k? And so she told me I must miss you and everything so I was like, 'Why should I miss him? I'm with him, I see him everyday' and she was all wise and shit and said, 'No you miss the way things used to be' and I was like, 'No, I don't, things haven't changed'"

I took a deep breath, watching Harry as he put his cup down, not taking his eyes off of me.

"-BUT she was right and I lied because things have changed and it's my fault and she's right Haz I do miss you but I hate what you said, you know how those kind of things affect me. I hate it when it comes from the fans who I love and stupid people like from other boy bands that I hate but I have to put up with it for the sake of publicity and stuff but coming from you? You're my best mate and I don't need that from you or the others, I love Eleanor and I love you but you know that that kind of love is different right?" 

Harry grinned, walking over to me and pulled me into a hug.

"Right?" I mumbled again, feeling exhausted.

I felt him nod and he said, "I love you too, especially when you're tired"

I froze, "Why?"

He laughed, "You never lie"

I frowned into his shoulder as I realised that that was his plan from the start. I was too tired to be angry, but instead I just stood there, blinking tiredly as my eyes drooped.

"I missed you too Lou, and I am so sorry" he muttered, as he let me go and watched my reaction.

I yawned and nodded, "Yeah okay, great talk, I'm going to sleep"

"But it's like lunch time" he replied, still smiling widely.

I nodded, "So? It's potato time somewhere in the world"

He laughed, and I stared at him confused for a second as I shuffled away.

God I needed sleep.

Tate's P.O.V

Seriously?

I rolled my eyes as I saw her unloading groceries with my mum in the drive way. Honestly does this girl not have a home? I didn't bother helping, instead I waved hello to mum and walked up the stairs, heading towards the room I had been using during my stay. It was my childhood room, with it's racing car posters, lego bricks in a box and stuff, but I didn't like calling it mine anymore.

'You take me to the dark side, dangerous but I'm fearless'

I raised my eyebrows and stifled a laugh as I watched my sister as I stood in her doorway. She had her earphones on and she was dancing around in her room as carelessly as possible while she belted out lyrics to a song that I didn't think I knew.

'My eyes are blue but I'm seeing red and I just can't shake you outta my head'

I covered my mouth with my hand and braced myself against the wall, wondering how I didn't hear her earlier and how she couldn't hear me, not noticing Kiara standing behind me as we both watched Hailey do some type of white-girl twerk.

'I'm a little bit love drunk, ever get the feeling when you're miles away-'

She spun around and caught sight of us, at this point I was laughing loudly, she fell backwards and landed on the bed, her hair brush flying out of her hand which she then used to pull out her earphones and blushed bright red.

Kiara pushed past me and walked right up to Hailey, pulling up her iPod and staring at the screen with a look of mixed contempt, amusement, and semi disgust.

"Your eyes are green by the way, if you had forgotten" I told her, still trying to calm myself down. I was never ever, ever, ever going to forget that.

It wasn't even her voice, she sounded good, it was her moves.

She was just horrible.

"Shut up" she mumbled, "-why didn't you tell me Kiara was here?" she continued, looking annoyed with me. Hey, it wasn't my fault she was so entertaining.

I shrugged, "I thought by now you knew she didn't have a home"

Kiara shot me a dirty look, which remained on her face as she dragged her eyes to meet Hailey's guilty ones. "I took a while because mum made me have breakfast at the table, like who eats at their dining table anymore?" I rolled my as she added, "Little Mix, really?" she waved the iPod infront of my sisters head tauntingly.

Little Mix? I stared at the two of them blankly for a second before I realized. I awkwardly tried to decide if I should leave the room. Wasn't it girl code to hate your boy friend's ex girl friend? I blinked, confusing myself. Were they even dating? Doesn't that mean I should hate Kiara? Wait do I count in boy code? Wait what? I'm not dating Perrie? Am I?

I grimaced, I shouldn't even think sometimes. Seriously.

"It's a good song" Hailey defended, crossing her arms.

Kiara tutted, "Since when?"

Hailey blushed again, mumbling. "Since I downloaded their album"

Kiara looked surprised, but quickly masked it. "Right" she mumbled.

"Mind if I listened to it?" I asked obliviously, grinning.

Hailey rolled her eyes but Kiara threw the iPod at me, which nearly knicked me in the eye. She then suggested for me to leave the room but I stubbornly leaned against the wall, loudly telling her this was my house while placing one earphone in my left ear so I could hear them with my right. I clicked shuffle and turned the song way low, the intro singer sounded awfully familiar, and I realized it was the girl who had answered the phone when I had called Perrie the other day.

I made a mental note to ask Hailey who it was later.

I clicked shuffle again and glanced down at the title of the song, 'DNA' I shook my head down at it as I smiled, I liked this song. I had seen the music video on MTV the other day, and honestly the four of them looked ace, I enjoyed it.

"What do you mean you subbed to them as well? Since when?" Kiara was saying, still looking faintly miffed as her and my sister continued to go at it.

"Subbed?" I interjected, pulling the earphone out completely so I could pay attention. Hailey narrowed her eyes but look faintly embarrassed.

"Subscribed" Kiara answered, not taking her eyes off of my sister.

"I didn't only sub them" Hailey defended, again- "Ed Sheeran, Imagine Dragons, Fun., Rihanna, The Script, Grumpy Cat, you know?" she hesitated, trying to be offhand. "-everybody"

"Even One Direction?" Kiara asked.

Hailey stared at the wall behind her friends head and mumbled, "No"

I laughed, "What's the big deal?"

Kiara tutted, "It's not a big deal I just... I'm just... curious"

I nodded, "Sure you are, babe"

She squinted her eyes threateningly before smiling, "Shut up"

I kept watching her until Hailey's phone beeped once again, making her look away. Hailey reached out for it saying, "It must be Ed! Did you see his Lego Man picture? He's literally the cutest thing on earth" while Kiara pulled away and raised it above her head and read it out herself.

'Some fairy tales don't last forever'  she said lamely.

Flashes of an earlier conversation played in my mind and I smiled.

"Who's that from? Sounds depressing" Hailey stated decidedly.

Kiara stared down at it for a second as a frown pulled at her lips, "Perrie"

Hailey scoffed, "She doesn't have a Twitter, I checked"

Kiara rolled her eyes while the other blushed, "Group account"

"Then how do you know it's her?" I questioned, because if it was. Was she telling the world that she and Zayn were no longer together? I didn't know whether the plummeting feeling in my stomach was hope or anxiety, it felt like a bit of both.

Kiara walked over to me in a nonchalent way and handed me the phone, quickly walking over to the opposite end of the room, pretending to pick up something on my sisters table. I watched her for a second before I looked down and read it silently.

'@LittleMixOfficial: Some fairy tales don't last forever, I know that now, but it's fine. I'm fine, and I'm happy! Be happy! Love you Mixers! xx Perrie'

Right, be happy.

I grinned, honestly?

I actually sort of was.

Liam's P.O.V

"Uhuh" I murmured, waving goodbye to Danielle.

"Yes, got it" I said again, using my free hand to blow a kiss at her.

"The new one?" I questioned, waving once more as I typed in 'I love you' quickly onto the keyboard so it popped up on the little Skype messenger screen. I sent it and let the cursor hover over the end call button unwillingly for a second before I clicked it.

"Yes alright, I'll tell them" I answered, closing my laptop and standing up.

I walked towards the hallway and grinned, "Yes Uncle Simon"

Harry, Zayn and Niall were sitting around on the sofa, I sat on a lone leather recliner and murmured agreement again, "Yeah definitely, can't wait"

Harry shot me a questioning look, he was the only one free while the other two were playing Xbox. It's quite amazing being in a boy band when we have benefits like these at our fingertips. I held up one finger to him and nodded again, "Yes, I'll be telling him now" 

I laughed, thinking about the irony in what he just said.

"Kay Uncle Si, this Friday sounds good"

I raised my head slightly, I'll let them know yep"

And again, "Okay, nice talking to you! Take care"

I laughed, "Yes, if only! Okay, see you soon"

I hung up and shook my head, Zayn paused the game, only because he wanted a distraction- he was losing, badly. "What happened?"

I shrugged, "We have an album check on Friday, he just wanted us to know"

They all nodded,"What for?"

I shrugged, "Guess he wants to hear it for himself"

They all bobbed their heads in understanding. "-Oh and Niall" I added, smiling slyly.

Niall glanced at me, his eyes wary. "-Uncle Si told me to tell you that Demi really enjoyed the date, and that she's been telling him all about it and how you kissed her good night"

Harry choked out a laugh and Niall reddened, "Oh my God" he muttered, covering his face with his hands, causing the controller to hit the carpet with a soft thud. "Oh my God"

I laughed again, and Zayn asked curiously, "Really?"

I nodded, "Yup, apparently he's worth her attention"

Niall groaned, still flushing. "She kissed me" he mumbled defensively.

"Sure" Harry replied, grinning cheshirely.

"Since when were you shy about Demi?" Zayn teased.

Harry stiffened, and Niall blushed again.

"Just press play so I can kick your ass" he mumbled back, ignoring the jibe.

I made a mental note to talk to Harry and chuckled.

It was nice seeing them try to get along.

Zayn's P.O.V

The week went by painstakingly slowly.

Not much had happened, but a few good things had.

The world now knew that Zerrie was officially over. I won't lie, some of the things that people said hurt, but all in all I was happy that weight was off my shoulders. I had been worried about how our fan bases would react, we had some good reactions (which I'm not sure is entirely good) and some really bad ones, but Perrie's a strong girl, she can handle it.

Also, I heard she and Tate had been on another 'outing' since they had had their dinner date the earlier Saturday, it was on Wednesday, but I'm not too sure what they did. Kiara wasn't very forthcoming, I grinned as I thought about it.

I let my fingers drum on the table as I continued to mull over.

Also, Harry and Louis were back to normal. Whenever we asked how they fixed it they just shrugged and acted like that phase hadn't happened, which I guess we should count as a blessing. Harry and Niall were also back to semi good behavior, which was another plus.

Liam and I had been worried.

Liam had also taken the lengths to give Harry advice, which was funny.

I hadn't seen Kiara for a few days now, and I missed her but I knew we weren't dating so I couldn't really expect to see her like every day. I sighed. I mean I told her I liked her, and she told me she liked me back- the whole thing felt pretty pre-school. Not to mention I couldn't exactly be seen out with her in public, the last thing the paps needed was that field day.

Suddenly, Louis walked out of the bedroom and stretched his arms over his head, yawning widely. I watched him in amusement, he had been waking up every day at about eleven, he was just living the life. Liam had woken me up at ten, harboring me to go to the store with him.

"I can't believe it's Friday already" he mumbled, slumping down onto the sofa.

I nodded, "Fast huh?" 

He grimaced, "Too fast, I'm getting used to being lazy"

Harry walked in, chuckling lightly. "You've always been lazy" he stated.

Louis pouted, shaking his head. "Actually no, I'm normall-"

Liam walked in, crossing his arms and looking annoyed. "Where's Niall? I went into his room to wake him but he wasn't there. His bed is made and everything, why?"

I raised my eyebrows, trying not to show how entertained I was at his agitation. "Did you forget? He's seeing Hailey today, I think they're meeting at around three or four"

Unliked him, I couldn't forget if I tried.

I was actually really pretty jealous.

Harry deadpanned for a second, before recovering and choosing to look over at the wall clock, all to casually, confused. "What?" he frowned, "It's only like one, why's he gone so soon"

Like I really want to see Kiara.

I was jealous on how free he was, able to just go and see Hailey.

Liam gaped, ignoring him. "We have sound check at two he can't be doing this" Harry agreed quickly, shaking his head in mock aggrevation and gesturing overdramatically to the watch he was not wearing yet.

Like, really really.

I laughed, "Chill out man, he'll probably be back soon"

It was really just kind of overwhelming how much I craved freedom.

Liam walked over to me and tapped his foot impatiently, "Chill out? CHILL OUT? Simon is waiting for us, so what exactly is soon? When is soon bad boy?"

I ignored his jab and grabbed his wrist, pointing at the tattoo there and shooting him a wink. He glanced down at the 'only time will tell' script inked onto him and sighed breathily, as if it was my fault it was there causing him inner grief. I grinned but noticed when Harry and Louis exchanged glances, and I noticed how Louis' seemed to be silently communicating with the other. I didn't say anything but noticed how Harry looked defeated.

"I guess we'll just have to leave without him" Louis stated, rather unnecessarily.

I nodded, still staring at Harry who looked pained.

"I guess we will" I mumbled unwillingly.

Harry's P.O.V

I sighed heavily into the microphone, annoyed.

"If he's not here let's just start" I groaned loudly to no one in particular, tapping my foot impatiently against the tan coloured wooden floorboards in a not so calm beat. 

"Haz" Louis warned, shaking his head slightly.

I frowned, staring at him with mixed frustration. I didn't care that he was with Hailey, it wasn't that. He was late for this sound check thing and that wasn't right, not to us and definitely not to Uncle Simon. I leaned my head against the cool metal of the stand and took a deep breath.

Since Louis and I had mended things, he's been very Oprah Winfrey and not in the giving me everything I want kind of way, but in the I know you better than you know yourself kind of way, which really just made me want him mad at me all over again.

I sighed, I didn't mean that.

I glanced up, taking in everyone in the room who wasn't as agitated as I was. Liam and Zayn were sitting beside us, deep in a conversation that sounded a lot like relationship advice. I narrowed my eyes at them both to their obliviousness and looked at Louis, who was trying to get Simon's attention through the thin paned glass panel infront of us to no success. I shook my head and smiled, it would've beeen so much more amusing if I weren't in a mood.

I pushed the mic away and pulled out my phone, staring at the time in distain, he should be here. Surely he isn't doing this on purpose. I grumbled again  while shoving my phone back into my skinny jeans and tried to remind myself that it wasn't because he was with Hailey. Louis wasn't right, I wasn't jealous, I didn't think he had more of a chance than I did. I clenched my jaw, I didn't think if any one of us in this band had a chance with her it was him.

I wouldn't admit it to myself, he wasn't right.

"He'll be here soon" Liam said loudly, looking over Zayn's shoulder at me as I started tapping my foot again. I raised my eyebrows but said nothing, nodding slightly.

I didn't want Louis to be right, I didn't want to be that insecure. I gripped the microphone stand again and fiddled with the dangling cord wondering what exactly they were doing. I thought about how I went casual for my date, I didn't pull out the superstar celebrity card and take her to the fanciest restaurant they had in this country and I didn't pick her up in a limo. I wondered if I should've, I wondered if she would have preferred the fakeness of it all instead of sitting under the stars with me like she did. And no matter how hard I tried and how much Louis told me not to, I couldn't help but wonder if she was having a better time with him then she did with me.

I couldn't help but wonder if he was better for her.

I checked my wrist watch for the time and tried to steer my thoughts in another direction, instead of the one. I grimaced as I remembered the talk Liam had given me a few nights before, he had sat me down in a rather father-to-son type manner, with a hand on my shoulder and tried to give me advice. 

Unlike Zayn, I was not eager for it, but I listened nevertheless.

He told me that it could all be just in my head, that maybe I'm taking too many of little things and trying to make a bigger thing and there really just wasn't a thing. I couldn't help but feel like he wasn't only trying to convince me but maybe himself, which was odd.

'And what if it is? What if it is just in my head' I asked him desperately.

Liam smiled sadly, 'Then you move on'

I shook my head, not accepting his answer. 'And what if it isn't?'

'Then you're very lucky' he said simply, looking torn.

'And until I find out?' I asked, frustrated.

'It'll be a beautiful mystery' he said wisely.

I sighed, 'I hate mysteries'

He nodded, 'Me too'

I couldn't imagine it just being in my head but if things go wrong surely that would be exactly what I would say, I ended up giving up on that conversation, telling him I'd think about it. I sighed again.

"No" someone gasped beside me.

I glanced up at the glass panel where Uncle Simon was saying hello to Niall, who was standing in what looked like a protective stance, with Hailey awkwardly stood behind him. I bit my bottom lip harshly and watched them unblinkingly.

"Got something to say?" Louis questioned me, eyes curious.

I bit harder, nearly drawing blood and shook my head.

It wouldn't be anything he'd like to hear.

___

Hello guys! I rewrote the last P.O.V like three times, starting with Niall, then Hailey, then Harry. So if the second last P.O.V isn't consistent with the last i'm sorry! but make of it what you will :) I was thinking, how bout instead of a defined ending- I do alternate endings? It's just an idea! because I don't want to disappoint any ships to be honest. I've decided there isn't going to be a sequel, i'd really like to write one! but i'm not sure if it'd be much good :) 

Thanks for reading!

Comments & votes always appreciated!

& thanks for sticking around beautiful :)