He had brief flashes of memories of things that had happened the night the man had died though. And even so only remembered the monsters which had attacked him.

According to Thalia though, Kenny had been a great guy. He had started dating their mother and managed to miraculously help her drinking, he had loved them both, and he had gotten caught up in the mess of the gods. She would always focus the story on this part and what came after. How after he died their mother had gone back to her old ways so Thalia had grabbed him and run.

Jason assumed the story served as a way for her to remind herself why they had run and honestly he found nothing interesting in this part of it, but even so he would let her tell the story. Then afterward he would ask her to him the stories of things she found boring.

Like the day she and Kenny had made the biggest pillow fort possible, or the day he had taken her shopping, or maybe the conversations they would have when he would drive her around. It was these things which drew Jason's attention. The story of a life of fun things, of a life of simple things which made them and everyone happy.

A life without Beryl, and a life not on the run.

The Camp- no Luke was the first person to give Jason that life. The way he always stood up for Jason, the way he would call Jason his little brother, the way he beamed with pride when Jason would do something right.

It was these simple things, these normalities in an unforgiving world which would make Jason happy.

So Jason would do anything to make Luke happy.

~~~~

"Do you understand what you have to do?"

"Yeah... but..."

"But what?"

"I don't get why, Luke."

Luke gave a sigh, "What have the gods ever done for you? Hades tried to kill you, then Kenny was killed, you and Thalia ran away, and then she was left as a tree. Tell what have they done for you?"

"...Nothing."

"Exactly."

"But I don't want Percy to get hurt...He's nice! And he just got back from his quest!"

"This is more important than Percy, do you understand that Jason?" Luke asked crouching down to look the smaller boy in the eye. "You are the one who's gonna change the world. This whole quest was to see if Percy was ready to help change it. And I'm giving him one more chance to, if not you'll have to. And the only way to change the world, is to be the child of the prophecy. Now do you get why?"

"Because Percy is older and on the other side?" Jason guessed.

Luke nodded with an appreciative smile, "But I will give him a chance. And if he doesn't switch sides?"

"Then you use the scorpion and he dies."

"And what do you do?"

"Make sure no one comes this way, or he heads back... He won't feel it right?"

"Not at all, it will be just like he fell asleep. Now tell me, what happens after?"

Jason sighed, "Then you run off and I stay here."

Luke nodded again, but he gave a slight frown seeing Jason's scared face. "Jason?"

"Hmm?"

"I've known you for most of your life right?"

"Yeah."

"You're basically my little brother. And as my little brother I would never lead you astray I-"

"What's that mean?"

"Astray?" Luke blinked surprised. "Um like the wrong way. Like I have always done what is best for our family right?"

Jason nodded, "Right."

"Then trust me. Do your big brother a favor and help me," he said pulling Jason into a hug. "Help me change the world. Help make sure no one else like Thalia or Kenny dies, help me make it safe for everyone. Can you do that?"

Jason nodded into Luke's shirt, "Uh huh."

"Perfect," Luke smiled standing. "I'll go get Percy you need to hide okay?"

Jason nodded and watched and Luke began to walk off before he ran forward, "Wait!"

Luke turned around quickly, an annoyed expression his face, "Yes?"

"Well uh," Jason started awkwardly choosing to look down at the dirt then at Luke's face. "What about Annabeth?"

"Annabeth?" Luke repeated causing Jason to look up at him.

"Yeah, she's Percy's friend right?"

Luke nodded slowly in thought, "She is, but she'll be okay. She has other friends like Grover- oh well I suppose with the empathy link he'll die too. Well she still has other friends."

"But I don't want more people to die!"

Luke gave Jason a reassuring smile as he ruffled the small boy's his hair, "Don't worry about him. He's the one who got us lost that night remember? He's the one who got Thalia killed. So what does he matter?"

Jason's mouth opened and closed wordlessly before he nodded slowly in acceptance.

"And don't worry about Annabeth, I have a plan for her to join our side later. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

Luke smiled widely again, this time with a proud smile Jason loved to see, "Then let's go."