Accents

Okay, I'm from Boston and I admit when I get really tired or bored I slip into a Boston accent. And then there are the words I just can't say properly. So I couldn't stop wondering what Magnus Chase would be like with a Boston Accent and Annabeth trying to decipher it. So enjoy the two of them just hanging out.

Oh and if you don't know what that sounds like, Rs change sound when they are toward the end of a word.

So ar/er becomes ah/eah. Examples:

Car turns into Cah
Poker turns into pokah (I can't say poker properly without lots of thought)
Here turns into heah
Air turns into aieah

Simple. Now that you understand that. Enjoy!

-Jaz

P.S. I'm now gonna be writing one of the one shots for the PJO Magazine!

~~~~

Accents

"Magnus we gotta go to library!"

I rolled my eyes at Annabeth but nodded nonetheless. As my guest I guess I gotta keep her happy. "We can either be take the Green Line over tnpo Copley or we can walk ovah theah. It's like a ten- fifteen minute walk."

Annabeth raised an eyebrow and stared at me. "Repeat that?"

"We can take the train or walk."

She nodded. "Walking's fine."

With a shrug I lead the way out of the commons and toward the Public Gardens. We past the fields and crossed the street coming to the footbridge. When we headed down the steps I couldn't help but glance underneath the bridge.

It's range really, when people think of Boston Commons/The Public Garden they usually think about the pretty area, the swan boats, places to hang out the historic stuff for those super annoying tourists, and the business people just think of it as a cut through to get to work or the underground parking garage where they left their car. Most people don't think about large amount of homeless people who live here.

When I was little I remember walking with my mom through the commons and I had pointed at the people sleeping confused. My mother had simply said that they had no where else to go.

So when she told with her last breaths to run, I did. And soon enough I realized I had no where else to go. Just like all those people I had seen before. Sooner or later I found myself living amongst them. I claimed the underside of Public Garden Footbridge as my own. Most people would just walk by me assuming I was invisible, but I can't blame them. I would've walked by me too.

But now, after death and becoming exposed to the crazy world I used to know nothing of, I can't just walk by anymore. Despite the fact I walk through the Commons with a purpose now, those whom I used to live amongst give me strange and surprised looks as to how I pulled myself up and out of their situation.

People walked by me and people laughed coming from the swan boats beside me. But unlike all of them I noticed the girl in her twenties. She sat underneath the bridge glaring at the hole in her sleeping bag. It wasn't bad, but it wouldn't last long with the upcoming unpredictable weather (gotta love New England). I wanted to say something to her but I had no clue what to say.

"Magnus?"

I blinked surprised and turned my attention away from the girl and back to Annabeth.

"You okay?" She asked me her gray eyes full of concern.

I nodded and began walking again. "I'm fine. This way." We walked silently through the garden and paused at the cross walk. I glanced both ways before hurrying out and walking quickly across.