Connatie = Tratie

Connor was tired of his older brother's moping.

Travis would come in the cabin and flop down on his bed to love sick to even try to prank someone. Connor hated it.

Their weekly prank planning had turned into: How to I get Katie to like me?

So, Connor had enough.

While Travis was moping. Connor stole another's boys slightly bigger shoes and stuffed them making himself just a bit taller.

He nodded in the mirror satisfied and left his cabin (trying to walk as normally as possible) heading for the Demeter cabin.

When he arrived he knocked on the door hoping he was not ambushed by plants before he finished his mission.

Connor was greeted by scowl of Miranda. He tried to keep himself from blushing and tried to remain calm. He quickly asked for Katie.

He took a deep breath and took a few precautionary steps back.

When Katie emerged from the cabin her hands were perched on her hips as she waited to see what the boy wanted.

"Well?" She asked.

"Uh, um," Connor started. "Katie... I Travis..." Shoot! Stupid! Just keep cool. Travis is an idiot he might say his own name. Connor took a breath before speaking.

"Have liked you for a while... you wanna go out sometime?"

He glanced at the girl waiting for an answer. To his surprise, she slapped him.

"What is wrong with you!" She screeched. "Travis sent you here to make fun of me! Seriously! I thought the two of you were better than this!" Katie slapped him again tears prickling her eyes as she stormed back in her cabin.

The other Demeter campers emerged sharing the same pissed off look.

Connor ran.

~~~~

"Dude," Travis nudged his brother. "Why is everyone giving us a dirty look? Like more than usual?"

Connor didn't answer and stared at the ground. Travis shrugged and changed course for the Camp Store. Maybe Katie will be working.

"Wait!" Connor shouted grabbing Travis's arm before he could enter.

Travis pried his brother off. "What?"

"Maybe we should... uh... go prank Percy!"

"We need stuff to do that with. Our stash is running low. That's why we're here."

Travis walked into the store before Connor could come up with another excuse.

Travis walked in and nearly got a ficus to face. The plant crashed into the wall an inch from his face. He turned to face a red eyed Katie Gardner.

"Are you okay?" Travis asked. He took a step forward.

"No! Now get out! Get out!" She demanded. "I'm not in the mood for you two! Not after what you did!"

"You can't exactly be mad at me for a prank I haven't pulled yet. I haven't done anything... At least I don't think so..."

"You haven't done anything!? What about sending Connor over to mock me earlier!?"

"Connor what?"

"I'm not that stupid Travis!" Katie shouted tears now freely coming down her face. "You heard from some Aphrodite kid that I had a crush on you so you sent Connor over to ask me out and mock me! I can tell you both apart you know!"

"You have a... crush on me?" Travis asked blankly.

"Please keep rubbing it in."

Travis turned to look at Connor who rolled his eyes.

"Don't give me that look. I was tired of your moping," Connor explains. "All you want to talk about is Katie. Katie this and Katie that. 'Katie looks great today' 'I think Katie cut her hair, it looks nice.' So... I was gonna ask Katie to meet me- well you at Fireworks Beach, then I'd trick you into going. Sparks fly and we could get back to pranking instead of Katie Talk."

"You really didn't know?" Katie asks wiping a tear away.

Travis shakes his head no. "No idea. But I do like you Katie. So I'll do something I should have done... Will you go out me?"

Katie smiles and gives Travis a hug. "Yes. But on one condition."

Travis gives her a confused look.

"I get to kill Connor."

"As long as I get a date, be my guest!"

"Wait! What!?" Connor shouts but the two lovebirds have already spotted their prey.