Little Merman (Part 3)

I think this gonna be longer than I planned.... should I just put them in a mini book? Or continue like this?

See Ya Creeps!
-Jaz

~~~~

Little Merman (Part 3)

"The Mansion of Night?" Percy repeats slowly.

"Yes you poor unfortunate soul," smiles the woman.

"Nyx," Nico says suddenly his eyes widening.

The woman nods. "Yes child. I am Nyx. or you all may call me Night."

Percy shifts a bit. "So uh, Night, what can we do for you?"

"It's what I can do for you."

Percy blinks confused.

"We don't need you to do anything," Nico say firmly thinking back to the stories his father had told him of the Dark Sea Witch.

"There's no need to be rude. I think a prince would know better."

"So, what can you do for us besides letting us leave?" Piper asks.

"I know your friend here wishes to see the girl whom he saved. And you wouldn't mind seeing the land above. I can give you that."

"How?" Percy asked not even trying to mask his curiosity.

"A special thing I can give you. A mist of sorts..."

"Mist?"

"We don't want it," Nico says quickly. He grabs the other two and began o shadow travel out when Night snaps once and a black crab stands in the boy's spot.

"What did you do!?" Percy shouts.

"Change him back!" Piper demands.

Night only chuckles softly. "You're voice tricks won't work on me. And your friend is fine. Now... do you wish to see the girl again young Perseus?"

"Yes! Fine! Now change him back!" Percy shouts.

"So I thought," Night says a smile on her voice before turning to Piper. "And you dear, would you like to see people as well?"

"She'll do whatever," Percy answers for her. "If you change Nico back."

"Wonderful! I must warn you there is a catch though..."

"Wait what's the-"

"Thanatos dear step back."

"What's the catch-"

"Yes mother," the man says stepping out of the room.

Night smiles sweetly as she snaps plunging everything into pure darkness.

~~~~

Piper reaches out for Percy but stops as her lungs begin to burn as if they weren't filled with water.

She feels as something tugs her hair upwards. She reaches blindly in the darkness and finds another arm. Percy she assumes.

The thing on her hair tugs up and Piper does her best to swim in that direction but her tail is gone replaced by two weird things- legs. She flails them as much as she can until she reaches the surface and opens her mouth. Air floods in her lungs and instead of the burning sensation she is used to, it feels comforting. She drinks in as much air as she can.

Piper looks next to her to see Percy. His eyes are closed and he doesn't seem to be moving. Nico the crab sits on his head.

Nico points a claw forward a secluded section of the shore and Piper nods pulling Percy along as she brings them there.

She drags him on to sand and nearly collapsed from the effort. She looks down at her legs admires them. Legs. A strange thing. She looks to Percy who also has legs.

Piper feels as a blush creeps on her face and she quickly turns around, covering herself as well. She glances around to see a small black crab covering it's dad with its claws. "Nico!" She calls. The crab moves a claw to look at her before quicklime covering his face once again. "Ugh! Nico! Find something I can wear! Him too!"

Piper turns back around and Nico tries to use his crab body to find large pieces of cloth.

He clicks his claws (most likely trying to swear) and Piper glances over. Nico covers himself once again and Piper does her best to walk ignoring the pain and wraps herself in a cloth. She places Nico on her shoulder and is then about to cover Percy when she hears voices and freezes.

"Are you alright!?" Piper slowly turns to see a few members of the boat from a few might ago. She meets the eye of a blonde boy with short blonde hair.

"Of course she isn't alright idiot!" Shouts a girl next to him slapping the back of his head.

"What's your name?" the boy asks.

"Uhhhh..."

A groan comes from Percy and Piper quickly makes her way over. After throwing a piece of cloth over him she shakes him slightly until he opens his eyes.

Piper gives a sigh of relief. "Percy. So glad you're alright."

"It's you!" Shouts the blonde girl coming over. "You saved me the other day!"

Percy blinks sitting up and scratching the back of his neck. He looks around at all of them. "Who are you?"