Speedy and Flower Power

SUPER IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE!!! PLEASE READ!!!

Okay,

Last week someone told me that they had read my one shot- my first one shot- Don't Leave the Boys Home Alone in another one shot book before mine. And another before that.

I don't quite know what's going on. But I really don't like my stuff being stolen. I've been fuming; pissed, and generally upset for the past week. I write these for fun and to share what others. But sharing doesn't include giving my work to someone else to call their own.

So please if anyone knows anything about this and who is doing it. You can either comment or PM me I just really want to put my worries to rest.

Now...

About the one shot:

They are mutants. (Oddly enough I wrote this whole thing cause I needed something to go with a quote I heard and a single line I wrote while watching the movie What A Girl Wants with Amanda Bynes).

-Jaz

~~~~

Speedy and Flower Power

"These mutants- or Mutes- as the called themselves, they are ruining our way of life! We don't let children being guns or explosives to school, so why can children who can start fires at will be allowed in our in our schools? These mutants are ruining our streets! They are-"

"Idiot Normies," Travis muttered turning off the TV. "We ruin the streets cause we have nowhere else to live."

Connor coughed behind him. "I was watching that."

"No. You need to sleep," Travis protested. He turned back to Connor who lay on the bed in a cocoon of blankets. He considered pulling the blankets away but he had already had that long conversation. He reached forward to touch his brother's forehead and frowned. "Your fever isn't going down."

"Thanks Captain Obvious," Connor replied with a cough.

"This what you get for walking in the rain without a jacket or umbrella," Travis continued. "I told you that you would catch a cold."

Connor only sniffed in response.

Travis sighed and went to look in their small box where they kept money. Inside sat three dollar bills. He took the last of the money and pocketed it. He pulled on his sweatshirt and zipped it up once making sure he had his sunglasses and his key he headed for the door. "I'm going to buy you some meds and soup."

"Chicken noodle!" Connor called as Travis left their room.

"I know!" Travis called back. He closed the door behind him and headed down the stairs. He walked out nodding to his neighbors as he went. He passed by the blinking lights of the Old motel he now called home, The Place or 'The Plac' since the E decided not to work anymore. He headed out going down the streets and alleys passing the people who lived in the boxes and streets themselves. He continued until he reached the outer edge of Mute territory. He walked out an alley and out on to a normal street. He paused only for a moment before deciding where he should go. He only had three dollars and he definitely needed more. He didn't want to disobey his cardinal rule of never robbing the same place twice in a short period time and he certainly did not want to rob the usual store he went to buy his food. That man  knew more of the Mute world than he should've and could easily tell the cops where Travis lived.