Divided (Part 5)

Day Six:

Divided (Part 5)

"The Grand Canyon?" Annabeth repeated. "Why there? Shouldn't we meet somewhere in the middle?"

Chiron shook his head. "It was foreseen by Lord Apollo that you are to meet there."

Annabeth nodded slowly.

Chiron spoke once more. "You will all meet there as soon as possible. So you will need to-"

"Please don't say fly," Percy said paling slightly. Behind him an equally pale Nico and Thalia nodded in agreement.

Chiron smiled albeit sadly. "You will need to fly."

The three instantly agree on something for once and begin to shout and protest.

"You will leave first thing tomorrow morning and should be there in two days time," Chiron interrupted loudly. "Aurgus will drive you the airport."

~~~~

Percy squeezed a panda pillow pet he had bought tightly to his chest as he handed his ticket over and walked into the gate.

Thalia followed close behind and Nico tried to back off until Annabeth grabbed his wrist and pulled him along pushing the other two who were in front of her.

Finally on the plane Annabeth took the window seat and Thalia sat next to her. In front of the girls Percy and Nico were arguing over who had to get the window seat backing up traffic behind them. Finally Annabeth leaned over and shut the window shade and both settled into their seats. Annabeth then pulled headphones she had bought out of her bag and handed a pair to each.

They all gasped as the plane began to roll. Annabeth sighed and pulled out a book. This is gonna be a long flight.

~~~~

When the plane finally landed the children of the Big Three were the first off. They ran off (leaving their stuff behind for Annabeth to grab). Annabeth sighed and apologized to those around her. Finally she made her way off the plane and found the three ordering- well arguing at McDonalds.

As she got closer should hear.

"What do you mean you don't have the bags," Nico said to Percy. "You had them right next to you and the money is in there!"

"Well, why didn't you grab it then!" Percy yelled back.

"Both of you are idiots," Thalia declared.

"Oh really?" Percy challenged. "Then where's your bag?"

"Uh-um."

Annabeth sighed and pushed her way to the front of the line and held the bags out to each. She then took out her money and gave her order to the cashier.

~~~~

Annabeth looked around constantly as they ate on a bench outside the airport. She drummed her fingers impatiently as stared across the room.

"What is in that head of yours Wise Girl?" Percy asked breaking her chain of thought.

"An actual brain. You should find one," Thalia advised.

"Shut it Pinecone Face."

Nico gave a small smile of laughter at the nickname.

"I'm surprised we haven't been attacked yet," Annabeth stated causing eyes to land on her. "Sons of Hades and Poseidon and a daughter of Zeus. That's bound to make the monsters come. Yet it's so- so... calm."

That caused the mood to fall. No one was really hungry anymore.

"What are we going to do until tomorrow?" Nico asked.