My Girls

Day ten:

My Girls

Luke Castellan gave a content sigh as he enjoyed the silence of the evening. He headed to the kitchen and grabbed a beer out the fridge before making his way to his room and flopping on the bed with it.

Once realizing he had forgotten to open the bottle he gave up and sat it on his bedside table and instead stretched out on his bed. He closed his eyes ready for a comforting sleep.

"Daddy?"

Luke did his best not to groan but he didn't move. "Yes Thalia?"

He felt as more weight joined him on the bed and moved to sit beside his face. He kept his eyes closed until a small hand pulled his eyelid open. "Daddy?"

"Yes Thalia?" He asked finally.

"Jason had a bad dream," she told him shoving the teddy bear in his face.

Luke slowly sat up and took the beat up golden teddy bear into his hands. "Did you have a bad dream Jason?" He asked it. He then lifted the bear to his ear. "Uhuh. I see." Luke lowered the bear and looked at Thalia. "Jason says you had the bad dream not him."

"Jason is lying!" The six year old told Luke taking the bear from him.

"Okay fine," Luke shrugged. "So what was Jason's bad dream about?"

Thalia hugged Jason tightly. "Mama."

Luke sighed and pulled Thalia into his lap as he leaned up against the headboard. "What about Mama?"

"She kept saying she wouldn't come back cause she didn't love us anymore," she answered quietly.

"Thals- and Jason," Luke started. "You both know that's not true. "Your Mama loves you very much. She just... she just can't be with us right now."

"But she's been gone forever! When will come back? She promised to take me to park."
Thalia said.

Luke sighed and rocked Thalia back and forth in his arms. "Soon, Thalia. And I take you the park a lot."

"You're not the same, daddy. I want Mama."

"Me too..." Luke sighed, he then found himself humming as he rocked the small girl. Thankfully she didn't ask him any more questions but rather cuddled in closer to him.

He couldn't help but give her a small smile. The little girl may not have been his biologically, but he had raised her for the past four years, and then when her mother had up and left he had adopted her to keep her from foster care. Not to mention that fact he was the only father she had known.

Soon enough he became aware of her even breathing and he quietly stood up from his bed and carried her back to her room. When he opened the door he laid her down in her bed and tucked her in before checking Annabeth.

His other daughter was also (thankfully) asleep. He gave a small smile as he closed their door and headed back to his own room.

~~~~

Mornings were always a hassle.

Especially weekday mornings.