You're Lucky I Like Your Cooking

Day two one shot:

(I wrote this initially for something else a while ago but I like it so I shall share.)

-Jaz

~~~~

You're Lucky I Like Your Cooking

"Here!"

Will smiled widely and held out a small wrapped gift. Nico looked up at him clearly confused in mid sip of his coffee. "Come again?"

"Here," Will repeated placing the present down on the kitchen table in front of Nico.

Nico blinked blankly. "Thanks?"

Will's smile wavered. "You forgot didn't you."

"Course not," Nico responded slowly switching his cup of morning coffee out for the present. "I-I just haven't drank my coffee yet. I'm still out of it. You get your present later."

Will frowned. "You did forget."

"No I didn't."

"Oh really?" Will asked crossing his arms. "What even is today?"

"Wedn-"

"What's the occasion?"

Nico took too-long-sip of his coffee. "Why would I say it aloud and ruin the magic?"

Will opened his mouth but Nico stood from his chair and kissed him on the cheek. "You deserve my coffee this morning. I'll grab another on my way to work," he called walking off.

Will frowned and picked up the gift. "You didn't even open your present!" He called after.

Nico hurried back grabbed it and put it in his pocket before running off again.

~~~~

"I can't believe he forgot!"

"People forget things Dr. Solace," the nurse beside him shrugged.

"But our anniversary! Nico has always remembered. He always plans something nice and romantic."

"Maybe he has something big planned?"

"Maybe..."

~~~~

"Hazel!"

"I'm here no need to yell," Hazel groaned from the opposite side of the Iris Message.

"Someone's upset," Nico commented.

"Sorry, the baby kept me up all night. But you clearly needed something to call me, I usually call you," Hazel said with a yawn.

"What's today?"

"Wednesday?"

"No seriously. What is today?"

Haze paused and raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"It's their anniversary," Frank called from somewhere Nico couldn't see. "Congrats!"

"Anniversary!" Nico shouted relived. "That's what today is!"

"You forgot?" Frank asked walking into the frame.

"No..."

"Idiot," Hazel frowned. "How'd you forget?"

"I don't know!" Nico replied frustrated. "I have nothing planned! I didn't even buy a gift!"

"Well take him out somewhere nice," Frank suggested.

"No he'd know I forgot. I usually do something really nice for our anniversary."