The Half-Bloods

This was inspired by Sabrina . I was trying to help her come up with ideas for a story where the reader chooses the adventure and I came up with this.

Also this is long. 8200+ words but I didn't feel like splitting it up cause it would mess stuff up.

Warning there is swearing.

Actually, why the fuck do I give these warnings? You people don't shit. There will no more warnings in the future.

-Jaz

~~~~

The Half-Bloods

"You're an idiot you know that?"

"Huh?" Jason asked surprised turning around. Behind him stood an Asian man about his age. An eyepatch sat over his left eye. His hair was a bit too long and he was smoking despite the seventeen plus signs which were against smoking, Jason had seen  when walking in.

"You're an idiot," he repeated before taking a long drag from the cigarette.

"May I ask why you've made that assumption?"

The man let out a blow of smoke which settled in front of Jason. "Only an idiot would move to Erebus. Those who are smart move away."

"And you?"

He shrugged. "Been here my whole life. Those like me are the ones with no where else to go."

"Aren't you a bundle of joy."

"I lost my joy a while ago. And you will soon enough. I'm Ethan Nakamura. I'm your temporary partner aka for as long as you live in this shitty place." He said holding out a hand.

Jason accepted and shook it. "Jason Grace. And I plan on staying a while."

"That's what they all say." Ethan shrugged turning around and waving Jason after him. Jason followed Ethan passed other people and desks who he nodded in greeting at. He came to a pair of desks and flopped down in a chair and gestured to the one next to him. "That's yours until my old partner gets back. But you'll probably be gone by then."

Jason rolled his eyes. "Where'd your partner go?"

Ethan picked a picture up off his desk and showed it to Jason. Ethan was in it a taller blonde guy with a scar had an arm around his shoulders as both held their badges up and smiled at the camera. "He's undercover in the Half-Bloods."

"Half-Bloods?" Jason asked confused.

Ethan gave a short and hollow laugh. "If you don't know who they are then then you definitely won't last long. The Half-Bloods is the local mafia but the rumor is they've spread. They've been running around this city for more than thirty years. The old boss was Hades di Angelo. But around eight years ago his daughter took over," Ethan continued sounding a bit bitter. He stared at the cigarette as if it was the source of his problems (it was definitely the source of all his breathing problems but Jason chose not to mention that). "But three years ago she- she was killed by a rival group and another guy took over."

"What's so bad about them?" Jason questioned.

Ethan took a drag. "Despite trying to prove they are harmless normal people have always believed that mutants are something to feared. So the Half-Bloods decided to give them something to actually fear."