Something's Missing

Something's Missing

Thalia gasped and looked around her frantically. Looking at her strange though blurry surroundings.

As blurs finally took form and Thalia made our a reception area of some sort. Someone cleared their throat.

Thalia turns and is faced with a man standing behind a desk wearing an expensive looking suit.

Thalia blinked as things started to sink in.

He cleared his throat again. Thalia places her hand in her pockets looking for any money she can find. She finally finds a few drachmas and places them in front of her wordlessly.

He hummed and pocketed the money. Before motioning for her to follow.

Thalia barely registered her wait in line or her meeting with the judges. Or the nice house she now found herself in. All the time her mind was wondering: what was missing?

Even as the judges looked through her memories something crucial seemed to be gone. Thalia couldn't figure out what.

She sighed and hoped it was a side effect. She wandered around the house admiring it all.

After a while she chose to head outside to... well she has eternity to figure out what now didn't she?

"Thalia?"

Thalia whirls around and is surprised to meet gray eyes.

"Annabeth," Thalia smiles as her old friend grabs her in a hug. As they pull away Thalia looks at Annabeth. She looks younger then when she had died.

She looks like she is back in her twenties. She wears a simple pair of jeans and t-shirt and her hair back in its ever present ponytail. She carries a large tote.

"I didn't think you'd be joining us down here," Annabeth smiles.

Thalia shrugs. "Life gets kind of boring once you pass 250."

Annabeth rolls her eyes and grabs Thalia pulling her along with her.

"Where are we going?" Thalia asks. "To see everyone."

Thalia doesn't question who this everyone and allows herself to be dragged down the streets watching everything go by.

"Finally! We thought you got lost!"

"Shut up Valdez!" Annabeth calls back. They walk behind a house where a lot of people sit at picnic tables and a few grills are going off to the side. Annabeth pulls the tote off her shoulder and take out an assortment of chips and other goodies.

"Thalia Grace," says a voice. Thalia looks over to see Zoë Nightshade. "I still do not believe my lady places thee in charge."

"I still can't believe you talk like that," Thalia comments.

Zoë is about to remark but Thalia blows by her to grab Jason in a hug. He laughs and hugs her back. Thalia pulls back and looks around the backyard. Wow. When Annabeth said everyone. She meant everyone. Thalia can't help but smile.

Jason, Piper, Leo, Frank, Annabeth, Percy, Zoë, Silena, Beckandorf, Rachel, Grover and more.

Thalia ends up sucked into the party but after a while she finds herself frowning.

"Problem Pinecone Face?"

Thalia turns to the speaker and gives a small smile. "Di Angelo."

"Hi everybody," Hazel calls as she walks in with him.

"Finally got time off from work?" Annabeth smiles greeting them.

They all go back to conversations but Nico looks back to Thalia. "You didn't answer my question. So, what's up? Well besides the whole being dead thing."

"I can't help but feel like something's missing," Thalia admits.

"What? Your burger doesn't have enough cheese?"

Thalia rolls her eyes and slaps him on the shoulder. "No. Like I have these gaps in my memory...."

Nico nods but Thalia can see him turn palre. He stands quickly and hurries to look for Hazel.

~~~~

"You didn't have fun?" Percy asks. "Or is this all still sinking in?"

Thalia walks back to her house with Annabeth and Percy who don't live far. Also she may or may not have gotten lost if they weren't there.

"I had fun," Thalia answers. "And it's set in. But something is off- missing. I told Nico and he paled then walked off."

"He does that," Percy shrugs.

Cue slap to the back of the head from Annabeth.

"What type of things are missing?" Annabeth questions.

"Like random gaps of my memory," Thalia sighs.

"Amnesia sucks," Percy mutters.

"Where are your kids, and the rest of em?" Thalia asks changing the subject.

"We're too old," Percy answers with an eye roll. "They live on the other side."

"A whole colony of Jacksons. Is it too late to leave?"

"What kind of things are missing?" Annabeth inquires getting back on topic.

Thalia sighs. "Can't we figure it out later. We have forever. Also the years could've just blurred into one another."

"True you are old," Percy comments. Cue electrified punch.

Annabeth gives Thalia a look who sighs.

"Umm, stuff is missing and blurry. Like something is missing from finding you in the alley. Or when we came to camp. Etc."

"How would you forget coming to camp? You were going to sacrifice to save me, Grover and Luke."

Thalia blinks. "Who's Luke?"

~~~~

Earlier...

"Are you sure about this?"

"This is your last chance."

"Just get it over with. The game starts 15 minutes."

Luke Castellan, Sam Greene or now Justin Darren looks over the judges, Hades, Thanatos, Nico and Hazel. His blonde hair constantly flickers to brown and black and his blue eyes to green to brown.

Luke eyes were determined while Justin's seemed to smile with the idea of the craziness of this idea. Meanwhile Sam's eyes seemed to scream in protest.

"I'm sure," the three voices say in unison.

Those assembled in front of the boy nod.

"I Luke Castellan, or Sam Greene, or Justin Darren exchange my space in the Isles of the Blessed, for a wish. I wish, for the happiness of Thalia Grace."