Vigilante (Part Two)

"What are you doing up here?"

A little boy about her age looked up to meet her gaze and he quickly wiped away his tears. "What are you doing?" He asked crossing his arms. "This my spot."

"But it's late. Shouldn't you be home with your mommy and daddy?"

"You should be too," he countered. He stared at her for a moment before he frowned. "Why is there a spider web on your shoulder? Do you have a pet spider?"

She gave a short shriek and tried to wipe it away but it didn't seem to work. Silently the boy reached out and took it off of her and dropped on the ground. "All gone."

"T-thank you," she told him. "I'm Annabeth."

"My name is Perseus but call me Percy," the boy smiled but Annabeth frowned seeing the bruise on his face.

"Can I sit?" She asked.

He nodded and both sat down.

"Why were you crying?" Annabeth asked him.

"It doesn't matter."

Annabeth jolted awake and her eyes flitted around her surroundings. She was in a dark room and strapped into a chair. The room was only illuminated by a hanging light directly above her but it flickered on and off. She pulled at the restraints but they didn't budge. She cursed to herself as she racked her brain trying to figure out how she had gotten there.

A large thump and a freak of metal sounded from behind her. She couldn't quite see but it seemed someone had opened a door. Footsteps neared her a chill went down her spine. She turned her head to look at the person but quickly hands grabbed her head forcing her to look straight.

"Glad to see you're awake," the person said calmly. The sound of the voice- his voice- brought back her memory almost immediately.

She swallowed slowly. "Perseus."

"Now, now Annabeth. We both know I don't prefer to be called by my full name," he said releasing her and coming to stand in front of her. The light flickered and for a moment he couldn't see his face but when she could she could see that his sea-green eyes were full of anger and hate. He wore an easy going smile as if this is what he did everyday. Well actually as Riptide this is what he did most days. His usual vigilante uniform was gone and in its place he simply wore an orange t-shirt, a black sweatshirt and a pair of jeans. Even so Annabeth knew he was still lethal.

"What do you want from me?" Annabeth asked him. "An apology?"

Percy chuckled and shook his head. He turned around and walked away from her and out of the light to the corner of the room. He grabbed something and dragged it back toward her creating a loud scraping noise causing Annabeth to cringe. When he was back in the light Annabeth could see that it was simply a metal chair. He turned it backwards and straddled it in front her. He rested his arms on the top of the chair and smiled.  "It's too late for an apology."

"Then what do you want?"

"I want you to convince me."