The Alien Issue (Part One)

Got the idea from the picture^

Here is day nine (so close to being done (I haven't even started the one for Christmas Day)).

-Jaz

~~~~

The Alien Issue (Part One)

"Sir we have a problem!"

"What sort of problem?"

"The sort of problem where an asteroid just screwed up our left engine!"

"Revert all power into the main and the right engines!"

"Yes sir!" He shouted his hands flying across the controls as the ship shuddered. He hit some more buttons as beads of sweat and concentration rolled down his face.

Another shudder was accompanied by the flickering of the lights.

"Were not gonna last much longer sir!" He yelled. "The asteroid belt is only getting thicker!"

The other pilot cursed. "I'm going to fly her manually and take her into hyperdrive."

"Sir, I don't recommend-"

"Sorry to be blunt but as the secondary pilot your opinion doesn't matter here. And this is the only way to get out of here without getting him killed. So Valdez run back there and tell them to prepare for hyperdrive."

Leo Valdez stood and stared the other pilot down. "And if you fail, Beckendorf sir? I assume you know the consequences."

"I am prepared to die if that is what you are inferring. But aren't we all? We are here for the Prince after all."

Leo nodded quickly and hurried out of the cockpit and to the back of the ship.

"Gonna tell us what the problem is Valdez? Or are you it?" A woman asked him when he came in. She sat on the stairs which led to the upper part of the ship.

Leo rolled his eyes. "Very funny Reyna. But right we're preparing to go into hyperdrive. Tell the Prince."

Reyna stood. "How long till hyperdrive?"

"Unknown. As soon as Beckendorf can manually take control and put us there."

She nodded and hurried up the stairs as Leo went back to his station in the cockpit and strapped himself into his seat.

"Keep her steady while I switch over," Beckendorf ordered as Leo's fingers flicked switches and pressed buttons.

"Ready sir," Leo nodded.

"Switching in five. Four. Three. Two-"

Leo felt the ship jolt and descend for a split second where no one had control before Beckendorf regained it and steadied the ship swerving in and out of the asteroids around them quickly.

"Hyperdrive now!" Beckendorf ordered.

Leo obeyed and held his hand over a large button. "Going into hyperdrive!" He shouted before slamming his hand down on top of it. For a moment everything came to a stop. Then all out once the ship began to rattle before they were thrown into hyperdrive.